cvs up -dPA hmmm doesn't see changes ?? but on enigma2-archive it is changed ?

• Hello

since 31.10.2008

on this address

https://lists.elitedvb.net/pip…/2008-October/thread.html

Code
    # [enigma2-cvs] Enigma2 development repository branch, tmbinc/ConfigSetNotifierBehavior, updated. e9f702c3e0abde69e402778c4735f24a2819b0ff   Felix Domke
    # [enigma2-cvs] Enigma2 development repository branch, master, updated. 00c198a330fcc6d0d508b0195746a90d722d8cbd   Andreas Frisch

We see sth like that.

No like before

Code
    # [enigma2-cvs] CVS enigma2/lib/dvb   CVS User ghost
    # [enigma2-cvs] CVS enigma2/lib/gdi   CVS User ghost

Then i just

cd enigma2/lib/dvb

cvs up -dPA

and i had updated and patched files. Now it doesn't works.

Can someone tell me how to download new enigma2 via cva/svn/git whatever... and later update it as before cvs up -dPA ??

• Hi thanks for informations.

I have download Enigma2 reposirotry from GIT.

But can someone help me simmilar command to just update file ??

as it was on cvs simply...

cvs up -dPA About.py

for example...

I can not get this with GIT...

• "git pull" should do the trick..

*EDIT* "git fetch" might be sufficient if you did not branch and if you insist on updating a single file I think this is not possible but after all I'm new to git and only know what I need for OE :winking_face:

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ritzMo ()

• Unfortunatly it make sth diffrent.

For example I remove

enigma2/lib/python/Screens/About.py

and when I would like to download this file again....

It has just said that

tux@linux ~/enigma2-GIT/enigma2/lib/python/Screens $ git pull
    Already up-to-date.

In my opinion it is very very big problem, because if someone keeps his enigma2 repository ( with somemods ) and would like to keep it also updated with GIT it is immpossiable with this kind of system. With CVS it was so nice.

Same problem is about OE version now

ghost/opendreambox-1.6.git
    acidburn/opendreambox-1.6.git
    thedoc/opendreambox-1.6.git

Which users should use to make their image ??

Anyway there are not any changes between MTN and GIT indeed. So In my opinion It is better to use mayby OE with MTN and just update enigma2.bb etc ( just mayby date of sources ? )

Any idea ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tracer ()

• those are branches ( you should know them from cvs!)

and the only thing I remember from mtn is that it's slow and I think it used a lot of disk space...

unfortunately I'm on my mobile right now so I suggest you google a little - I'm pretty sure it knows the answer...

My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

• Ok, thank you ritzMo.

I download this one...

git://git.opendreambox.org/git/openembedded

anyway I will try to find solution to get patches/updates/missing files ( as example above ) of e.x enigma2 tree. I hope it is possible using GIT, instead of CVS :winking_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by ritzMo
    and the only thing I remember from mtn is that it's slow and I think it used a lot of disk space...

I agree. I think mtn was very slowly.. and bad procedure in versions conflicts.
    I spent many hours in the past with mtn migrate and regenerate_caches (brrrrrrrrrrrr).
    Git seems better and it seems better the new tree with shared sources too.

I tested both OE 1.5 and 1.6
    1.6 Succesfully compiled images for DM8000, DM800, DM7025 (thanks to ritzmo suggestions)
    1.5 Succesfully compiled image for DM7025... update to Enigma2 CVS to the current date ok.
    All seems good and easy in 1.5 at today after Git migration.

Note: One user signed to me that in 1.6 DM8000 image compiled yesterday there was a bug and image doesn't start. It was only missed the font tuxtxt.ttf in the dir /usr/share/fonts. Once fonts was added the imagine started regurally.

127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von lupomeo ()

• @BA

Can You put Yours Makefile here ?

I've just get lot off errors connected with bitbake.... . Probably i need to update BB to newer version.... mayby whole Gentoo I will update then.. :winking_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by tracer
    @BA
    Can You put Yours Makefile here ?
    I've just get lot off errors connected with bitbake.... . Probably i need to update BB to newer version.... mayby whole Gentoo I will update then.. :winking_face:

Ba?? Bacicciosat ?? :grinning_squinting_face:

I used default obi makefiles:
    Oe 1.5:
    http://opendreambox.org/~obi/Makefile-opendreambox-1.5
    Oe 1.6:
    http://opendreambox.org/~obi/Makefile-opendreambox

I changed only the MACHINE target for different images.
    I dont' know about GENTOO because i use only Fedora Core x86_64 and don't like latest Gentoo and Ubuntu distributions.
    The only issue i had yesterday was at the first make with OE1.5. I had a couple of errors in bb variables.
    The problem was solved switching from normal user to root and launching the Makefile as root.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von lupomeo ()

• the makefiles should work ootb but i've always had problems with oe on gentoo. i'm using oe inside a debian chroot to circumvent those - see debootstrap for further information on how to do so...

*EDIT* you should use only opendreambox 1.5 or 1.6 in one shell though as there seem to be some incompatibilities regarding the env vars...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ritzMo ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by ritzMo
    *EDIT* you should use only opendreambox 1.5 or 1.6 in one shell though as there seem to be some incompatibilities regarding the env vars...

Ah, thanks, this explained the reason because i had to change user to root when i switched to compiled OE1.5 after compiled OE1.6 with the same user.

• Thanks Guys for help :winking_face:

Now all seems to be good.

I ve got somechanges in InfoBarGEnerics.py etc and that's why CVS was good because it see that file was MOD and only update ( when it was needed ) some other parts.... that was very good think for developers :winking_face: