DM8000 waiters get 49€ back.. what about us 800 owner with problems ?

• Hi,

First of all sorry but i write in english:

I just read that the beta testers will receive 49€ back for waiting.
    That's a nice compensation offcourse, i have nothing against it.

But i bought a new DM800 to find out it has the HD hanging problem, after contacting the shop they cannot replace it because there is no stock.
    So i contact DMM and they ask me to send it to them.
    All good, i send it secure to them.. (costly) to wait for more then one month.

Ok i receive it back and the MB is replaced and untill now it seems to work.

What i want to come to is that it would also be nice to compensate these loyal buyers to.. or at least give them the feeling that DMM is sorry for this or whatever.. not just icecold waiting and poef there it's back... this is not just a waranty issue but customer with a DOA that still supports DMM...

That's my opinion, i wonder what you guys think about this ?

• The DM800 Freeze Problems were fixed. It was a simple Software error which was fixed in latest Bootloader Software yesterday.

Replacing the Hardware wasn't really required but it helped some people. The software didn't work well on all hardware-revisions or whatever ... but now it works fine with all hardware revisions.

I doubt you will get money back for a software error. Otherwise I also want Money from microsoft back because it took them until ServicePack #1 until my MS-Vista was working fine ... Same for dozens of games that I bought for PC and PS3 ... they are also bugged and some of them don't even work at all. But I don't get my money back :winking_face_with_tongue:

That are problems that always can happen on NEW boxes ...

If you would understand GERMAN you would also see that DMM is extremly sorry for those problems and they said SORRY many times in the last days.

But that's Software Development ... SHIT HAPPENS and nobody is perfect!

The problems should be fixed now with the latest Image/Software so let's forget it =)

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• Homey,

You are right that there is a new bootloader now that should fix all these problems.
    And i don't want to wine or actually want money back...
    And i do know they did everything they could to help all the people with trouble by having the boxes back and replacing stuff..

but in the end we still had costs to make for a newly bought device...

I don't think you have ever send your computer back to Mr. Bill :face_with_tongue:
    we are talking about hardware here and not software.
    allthough it "seems" to be fixed now by software...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you should clear these points via mail to the managers of Dream and not here in the forum!

viele Grüße
    Jürgen

• Haha guess what, i just read a message from someone that got his box back and DMM added some item with the dreambox.

Now that's exactly what i meant...

good job !! only too bad i didn't get it LoL