Clone of DM800 ?

• I'm not very familiar with the German language, so pardon my German :grinning_squinting_face:

There seems to be rumors, that there is (allready) a clone of the dm800 in the market, or that there might be a different type of dm800 in the production line.
    The first attached foto showes that the internet connection is between the rs232 and the DVI. On my dm800 the internet connection is on the left side of the DVI (see the second foto).
    This item is making some people nervous, and for that my question to you (moderator?): Are they both originals, or is one of them not.

Greetings

Shape

• on my dm800 which i have directly obtained from dmm the lan-port ist also between dvi and usb!

i have also checkt the mac adress which is listed on the picture the packaging yoiu have posted and this is also an authentic dmm mac...

so in this case and with the security-chip who should work (afaik) i didnt think that your box is clone-box!

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SadButTrue ()

• SadButTrue

jetzt mach die Augen mal richtig auf und guck nochmal hin :
    hier sind 2 verschiedene Boxen abgebildet, die rechte ist ok, die linke hat den Netzwerkanschluss links vom DVI. So eine DM800 habe ich noch nie gesehen, könnte aber ein neues Layout sein. Das kann wohl nur DMM beantworten.

DM8000HD | DM7020HD | DM800HD | DM800HD | DM7020 | DM7000

• Zitat

Original von dieter2
    SadButTrue

jetzt mach die Augen mal richtig auf und guck nochmal hin :
    hier sind 2 verschiedene Boxen abgebildet, die rechte ist ok, die linke hat den Netzwerkanschluss links vom DVI. So eine DM800 habe ich noch nie gesehen, könnte aber ein neues Layout sein. Das kann wohl nur DMM beantworten.

die rechte ist auch die box von der er redet also mach du mal die augen auf und lese...

die linken bilder sind wie kerni es sagte vermutlich bilder von vorserienmodellen oder entwürfe was weiss ich...

ich habe eine dm800 und hab nachgeschaut da ist der netzanschluss zwischen dvi und usb so wie es auf dem rechten bild zu sehen ergo ist es zumindest von dem her keine clone box

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

• Das Clonen der DM800 wird kurzfristig gesehen für DM kein Problem darstellen.
    Wenn die DM Originalen Boxen schon solche Probleme haben, dann möchte ich keinen Clone aus China ausprobieren :smiling_face:

• So in conclusion, we can say that both db's are an original. The left foto (with the internet connection between the rs232 and DVI) is most likely to be a pre-release.

Many thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Shape ()

• I stumbled on the photo you see attached, also posted on a forum. There seems to be an even earlier pre-released db800 (or perhaps a beta version). If you look closely, you will notice that there is no e-Sata or modem connection. Also the color of the box is silver instead of black and - a big surprise- the internet connection is between de rs232 and DVI.

For me, the circle is complete.

• OK Vielen Dank!

Warum gibt es das RICHTIGE Bild nicht bei DMM? Naja gut
    THX

LG Alex***

lg Alex***

TV: Panasonic TH-42 PZ70AE Full HD
    Receiver| DM800S HD PVR | DM8000SSS HD PVR DVD
    Triax 110cm
    Positionen: |19.2°Astra 1F|13°Hotbird |9° Eurobird |5°Sirius|4°Amos|

• Gibt es denn mitlerweile ein eindeutiges Möglichkeit wie man eine Clone800 von einer original 800 unterscheiden kann. Könnte DMM anhand der Seriennummer feststellen ob sie eine Orginal ist oder nicht.

• Naja, falls du jetzt auf meine Beitrag geantwortet hast, die anderen sind ja schon 3 Monate alt, ich meinte das jetzt mehr im allgemeinen und nicht auf die oberen Fotos bezogen. Ich war jetzt doch etwas verunsichert, als ich gelesen habe, das es von der 800Clone gibt (bisher kannte ich das nur von der 500er)

Ich möchte schlieslich sichergehen, das ich ein orginal erworben habe. Aber ich glaube/hoffe wenn es stimmt was beim barry allen als ausgabe kommt, stimm, das ich eine original box habe.

• habe sie jetzt auch gekauft und hoffe nicht einen clone erwischt zu haben.... woran kann man 100%ig erkennen das sie original ist???

• could I submit the serial number of my box on here so someone can check and tell myself if my dm800 box is a clone?

I'd be also interested because yesterday I just received my DM800 and I've tried to update it with[Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] and after the reboot I get a message on the display "error NO CA" ??? and no more effect even after reboot. A trial with RS232 give no more result ???
    my mac adress is mac 00 09 34 27 17 60 ( is it good ?) and the logo seems to be a correct hologram ...
    Is the serial number a good way ?? :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:
    But I never seen the good method to identify a clone or a genuine dm800
    thx for your reply
    michael

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()