DM800 1W - no sound on some chanells

• I have a DM800 and i have a problem that there is no sound on some channels from Digitv package (like Discovery Ch and DigiFilm 1 and few others more).I try to use different kind of settings and try to scan manually but result is alway the same.
    Is anybody knows what could be a problem.

Thanks in advance

DM800 multipractic

• I get information from other DM800 users thath they got the same problem.
    Assume that this is BUG in dm800 software :frowning_face:

DM800 multipractic

• goto telnet and using dvbsnoop paste the PMT packet here so we can take a look at it, that;ll help determine if there is an error in the sourcecode. tune the channel

first find the channels on that tp

dvbsnoop -nph -n 1 0x00

now for instance sid 811 uses pid 0x0020 as the PMT lets get that

dvbsnoop -nph -n 4 0x0020

-n 4 because there are 4 channels using that pid for PMT's

now you'll see here there is the elementry pid 4369 for video and here elementry pid 4372 is audio. its not listed as audio but I know that this provider uses stream_type: 129 only for ac3 audio.

Ive edited the cvs so that I can receive the audio on this channel. your provider may be doing something similar, if I could get a PMT output for the channel in question then we might be able todo something to resolve the code.

• Zitat

Originally posted by updatelee
    goto telnet and using dvbsnoop paste the PMT packet here so we can take a look at it, that;ll help determine if there is an error in the sourcecode. tune the channel

first find the channels on that tp

dvbsnoop -nph -n 1 0x00

I try this but it said no dvbsnoop - is snoop implemented in E2 or i have install it?

DM800 multipractic

• hey bros,i have same problem,too.
    there is no ac3 sound on digifilm 1 and yle peking hd @ thor.
    i have tried ac3donmix yes and no,both of them.but there is still no sound.
    also there is problem eurosport hd and spormax hd @ eutelsat w3(digiturk).
    i hope it would be fixed soon :frowning_face:

• I can t get this dvbsnoop working hmmm......
    DM800 does not read subtitles on this package tooo grrrrrr.....

DM800 multipractic

• I have the same problem on some channels here (DM500C).

No audio, but in my case, my provider broadcast AC3 audio on some channels and MPEG audio on others.

I don't have a sound receiver with a digital spdif input. So i use the RCA output to plug it to my TV.

So the channels that have AC3 sound i get no sound, cause i can't use the digital spdif output.

Are there any ways the DM500C can decode the AC3 sound and OUTPUT it to the RCA ANALOG AUDIO JACKS ?

Here's an example of 1 channel that have only AC3 audio

Speed SID 97 (0x0061)

dvbsnoop -nph -n 1 0x00

dvbsnoop -nph -n 15 0x0024

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von superchipper ()

• Zitat

Are there any ways the DM500C can decode the AC3 sound and OUTPUT it to the RCA ANALOG AUDIO JACKS ?

As far as I know the DM500 can't do that.

We have the AC3 - DownMix Option in our DM800 Box, but as far as I know other boxes-hardware don't support that, sorry

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• It's very strange.

I mean, if i want to watch a divx with ac3 audio on my computer, i just have to install the ac3 decoder.

Why there isn't an ac3 decoder for the DM500c ?