DM800 --- Tuner Problem ?

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DM800HD PVR
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): engigma2
    Firmware version: release-dm800_20080511.nfi

your question DM800 --- Tuner Program ?

I am using my DM800 to receive the TV programs from Satellite 138.0 E APStar-5 KU and 146.0 E Agila 2 KU.

All the programs from Satellite 146.0 E Agila 2 KU are received successfully, but only part of the programs from Satellite 138.0 E APStar-5 KU can be received.

There are part of the programs from Satellite 138.0 E APStar-5 KU are not possible to be received, whatever I tried the Automatic Scan or all the different ways of Manual Scan both in DVB-S and DVB-S2 modes.

All those programs from Satellite 138.0 E APStar-5 KU which are not possible to be received by DM800 are well received by my former DVB Satellite Receiver, DM500S. And I believe that my dishes are feeding signals with sufficient strength to the DM800, since the signals have been checked again and again by my Satellite Meter, Trimax SM-2500.

All those programs which are not possible to be received by DM800 are located in the transponders of Satellite 138.0 E APStar-5 KU with Symbol Rate higher than 30 Mbaud/s, whilst all those programs located in the transponders of the same satellite with Symbol Rate less than 30 Mbaud/s are successfully received by DM800.

The unsuccessful received programs are provided by Harmonic with Symbol Rate of 43 Mbaud/s (12354V43000) and by Hong Kong Cable with Symbol Rate of 43 Mbaud/s (12598V43000, 12720V43000).

It is my major problem of setting up my DM800 that no programs with Symbol Rate of higher than 30 Mbaud/s are received successfully.

In the User Manual coming with my DM800HD PVR, it is written that DBS-Tuner with DVB-S2 supports Symbol Rate from 2 to 45 Mbauds/s. Obviously, the Symbol Rate of all those programs with receiving problems is within the range of the specification of DM800HD PVR.

I learned from the Internet that some other guys are facing the same problem with DM800 as me, which seems to be a common issue of setting up DM800.

Would somebody please tell me that the above mentioned problem is caused by hardware or software of DM800 and advise me the way and how to solve the problem, either by exchanging the Tuner or making some adjustment of the software ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I deleted your double postings, please avoid this in the future.

Grüße,
    Olove

"All we need to do ... is keep talking (Stephen Hawking)"

Ich leiste KEINEN Support per PN/E-Mail, derartige Anfragen werden nicht beantwortet.
    I won't give support via PN/E-Mail and I won't answer such messages.

• After I flashed my DM800 with the latest released version of firmware release-dm800_20080511.nfi, all the programs with Symbol Rate of higher than 30 Mbaud/s are now received successfully.

• i just flash my dm800 with this update but nothing, i cant find any services. For me is the tuner, and i have to change it, i hope it is in waranty. I' verry desapointed. It is not what i expectid from an 450 eu reciver.

• Hello!
    I'm Ghana specifically in the capital Accra. I just acquired Dm 800 hd and I'm find it difficult on the TUNER SETUP and installing and getting the channels on the ku band satellite receiver. Over here satellite providers are W6 Eutelsat 21.6E. Please can you give me the detail setting on the dream box inorder to enjoy my dm 800 hd pvr to the fullest. Thanks for assistance.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von benjillo ()

• Thanks for the feed you provided for my perusal. The actual problem I'm facing is the TUNER A, SETUP for the KU satellite dish which is already installed. The configurations on the reception settings. I hope this will give the real understanding of my question. Thanks once again for your assistance.