DM800 and BBC/ITV HD Freesat

• hallo & hi there - i've just joined this forum :smiling_face:

i have the same problem. i'd like to buy a hd box now that the bbc and itv have finally started to send hd signals on freesat. but obviously i need a box that is epg capable. does the dm800 support the freesat epg or should i wait for the dm8000 - or maybe even go for the abcom ipbox 9000?

cheers/servus
    drMMtv

• Hello to drMMtv and alfuk
    Probably, will be possible to watch HD signals, but that is just My opinion.
    Maybe Olove or someone from team can give better ( concrete ) answer.

EDIT, as I know, German pay HD was tested success. :winking_face:

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FeRgY ()

• BBC HD should be ok.
    ITV HD may be a problem. It is broadcast as a data stream with the H.264 video inside an H.222 stream. Most boxes cannot detect it because it is a data stream rather than video.

the full parameters are:

28.5E

11428 H
    2/3 FEC
    3401 VPID
    3402 APID AC3
    2326 PCR PID
    266 PMT PID
    54207 SERVICE PID
    10510 STREAM ID
    0 TELETEXT PID
    Video Type H.264

I dont have any hd equipment so cannot check, maybe others can

• Hello to all.

I have a Humax HDCI-2000(and just purchased a DM800 via a German online shop), so I can try to check the reception with those parameter given by you slacker17.

• Of course BBC HD is no problem.

Unfortunately ITV HD is no go, I used dreamboxedit to lock the pids but only AC3 audio i'm afraid :frowning_face:

I hope someone else has more luck and shares the solution.

• What about the Freesat epg ?
    As i heard the freesat epg is a slight deviation from the standard.

I would love to get freesat epg on the dm800.

• As far as I see, no one has ITV HD working on DM800 yet. ITV HD is broadcast H.264 but inside an H.222 wrapper. Some HD boxes have recently had their software modified to enable this (H.222 codec added I assume) but not DM800 yet. Shame as it's a good FTA HD channel.

As for Sky EPG again I'm not aware of this on DM800. With Sky UK you can only see current & next program. A seperate Enigma 2 plug-in would be needed to find & display anything else. I think there may be an Enigma 1 plug-in in existance, but not yet Enigma 2