unpack & Repack of DM500s image How to ?

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type:
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2):
    Firmware version:

your question

hi, guys !!

please, i wanna someone explain in english step by step, how to unpack & repack images for DM500s ?
    what SW needed for that ???

i wanna to customize languague , skin , blue panel , plugins to my favorites
    how make my build image to be MAXVAR

please, help from expert ones !!!!

i'm using linux UBUNTU 8.04 beta

thanks in advance

Best regards

hani

• Just build your own image, it's much easier and less error prone then messing around in an existing image.

• Zitat

Originally posted by seife
    Just build your own image, it's much easier and less error prone then messing around in an existing image.

ok, i've already build image for DM500s
    but i cauld'nt modify it
    how cauld add blue panel & customize the blue button for it
    how change bootlogo ... etc
    when i press on yellow button, aduio choice appear no plugins

please, cauld any one help me to customize it !!!!!

thanks in advance

hani

• Well, every team have own sources what mostly are NOT public.
    I recommend the You for first take a look at .: C++ for newbies :. and learn C++
    Then make an google search and find sources what You can compare with cvs.
    When You compare that, then will find out how to change/add things You mentioned above.
    Cheers

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design

• ok my friends

i found some tools called "dreamboxfs-tools"

i succeed in unpack the dreambox image by undreamboxfs , but when i repack it with mkdreamboxfs even without any modifications it gives me more size

for example:

if image size before unpack is 4.7 mb , it becomes after repack 5.9 mb even without any additions. & when try to load it on my dreambox 500 it gives me error & not loaded

please cauld any one tell me a solution for that please !!!!

thanks in advance

hani

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von drhg ()

• You got expert advice: "Just build your own image". You even got an explanation how to use google to find help doing so. But you don't want it. Well, then we cannot help you.

There is no easy way of doing what you want. To create a "maxvar" image, you need to patch the kernel sources and recompile. The easiest way to do this is to build your own image. While you are at it, you can add whatever you want, change the bootlogo, etc.
    It will need some programming skills, though.

• drhg
    As seife say, We cannot help You if You don't wanna listen after 9 posts!
    Nobody will make image for You. Take Your time, learn c++ and make Your own image with everything You want inside.
    That's only way.
    PS, and this is official board
    PPS, btw, read rules.
    Cheers

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design

• i have already build my own

but where i found the source code or patches for plugins & control panel & how include them in enigma befor image build ?
    it just like the factory firmware with no additions

cauld one give me a realy help not advices, PLZ !!!

hani

• OK, let's conclude something....
    You say that build Your own image, right? So, that's factory one.
    Rules of board NOT ADMIT anything except official support, so We cannot help You with patches, sources or anything else EXCEPT official CVS.
    Second, there are plenty of forums outside this one where You will get support about things You asking for :winking_face:
    As You ask here for blue panel, control panel, .... name it how You want, NO HELP WITH THAT HERE!
    About plugins, that's another story BUT depend of what kind of plugins You mean?!
    About "how to include them" same answer as seife and I was mentioned above: google and compare, that's everything what We can say and that's only help what You will get here.
    Once again: nobody here is not "in the mood" to make image for You. It's on Your own.
    Cheers

JET/Jtvos/Jtv Team

CLi Team Images Design