Features - Suggestions

• First of all, this is not a complaint sheet, but rather requests that are intended to make a good product even better.having worked on SW and HW development for over 20 years, I am trying to voice the customeras much as I do understand the development pain(been there, done that!). So, cutting down to the chase, here is my wish list:

-Blind Scan
    I would like to see a Blind Scan feature on 7025. This feature is available on several rcvrs that cost a fraction of 7025 and I have here and works just fine.

- Transponder scan: I would like to be able to point my dish to a satellite and have 7025 scan that sat and update its transponder list with the newly found values. If there are in fact any new Tx above and beyond what was already known, it is nice to have the new ones listed with a differnt color so that the user can identify them easily.

- A new motor management interface: this is a panel where the user can see the current location of the motor acquired from the motor and displayed with the signal values (strength, quality, SNR, etc) so that the user can easily decide whether or not the dish is pointing to the right direction in sky. this page needs to have functions to let the user to move the dish to West and East to zoom in on the desired satellite. A very nice feature would be to have an "Auto Move" feature where the 7025 moves the motor using the DISEqC commands to the West or East until it finds a signal . Comparing that signal to the list on known satellites, it can the nfine tune the dish and display ther found satellite on the screen. Finally a save location is very nice to make sure that the spot is saved.

- It would be very nice to restructure the way configuration is done by the Wizard. I explain this using my case. I have a dish with a QPH-031 LNB. The output of the first Linear and Circular ports go through a 2 port DISEqC switch and the the out put ofthat switch goes through the motor and finally terminates into the receiver. the Wizard needs to ask a few questions such as whether or not a dual LNB is in place? Do you have a DISeqC in place? Do you have a motor and if yes, prefeerably the known brands can be offered fro the user to select. If automatic DISEqC is implemented then it is easy to identify which LNB is one which port of the switch. In my case I have the L-port on 1 and the C-port on the 2. the nthe wizard should go to the next step which is selectingthe satellites. If the user does not have a motor, then this is easily a matter os selecting a number of satellites that correspond to the number of ports on their DISEqC (LNBs). With a motor then it becomes a little more complicated. We need to let the user select which satellites they would like to be included in the list to be scanned. Once that is done. Then the motor can be moved to the reference point and a scan can be started to the East or West and once one direction is done the dish can again be moved to the Ref. point and then scan the other side. this approach will make this process very easy and understandable.

That's it for now.