7025 Recording wishes

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: 7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): enigma2
    Firmware version: latest

Recording and Titlieng

When setting up a repeated record on the 7025 (say, every Thursday) - the synopsis description of every episode is the same as the first. Would it be possible to obtain the description dynamically from the programme, rather than statically from the timer.xml file?

Also, it is not possible to change the description from the web GUI because an alert box pops up telling me that I have invalid characters in the description (even when the description is empty) - this code is in the timer.js file.

Thanks,

Steve

• sorry, I know it's bad form to reply to my own posts, but some help would have been nice :smiling_face:

I've worked out that it is not possible to save entries in the Web Timer GUI because the actually _do_ have illegal characters in the titles. I think this is because when the entry is generated (by pressing the Red button during a programme, or selecting Add Timer from the info screen), the rogue characters are not filtered out. There is a non-printable UTF16 character at the end of the entry - you can't see it in the web page, but it _is_ really there.

I suspect that the UTF16 characters originate from the BSkyB programme info.

The ability to have the programme details retrieved from each repeat recording would be a great mod though ....

trunpton