"Tune Failed"

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: 7025+
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): enigma2
    Firmware version: ??

your question

I have 2 dishes and 3 lnbs- Hotbird 13E, Eutelsat 16E and Hellas 39E. When changing from channels of one sat to channels of another sat i am getting the error "Tune Failed". I noticed that the signal strength is falling from 8-9 db to 0.01-0.03 db. After few moments i am getting another error which says "No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)".
    I am the using the latest GP 3.2.

Any solution????

• Zitat

Original von markus21

This is not an official DMM SW release and not supported here!

but happens with the official firmware as well. There is a german thread on this side where this is discussed already. I had the same issue with a brand new box which was returned since the power supply made a lot of noise. Anyway have a look at this screenshot from the german thread:

7025 diseqc-probleme ...

Those settings for the lnb at least seem to solve the diseq issue.

• Tnx MAxWafer

I had a look at the post but i don't speak German. So i translated the pages and as far as i understand the problem is the diseqc switch. I played with the settings and i found out the best settings for me. They don't solve the problem out but i have less error messages than before.
    I changed the "DiSEqC repeats" to 3 and the most important the "Increased Voltage" to yes. Without the "Increased Voltage" set to yes there is no difference no matter what changes i am doing.
    The only problem i have now is when i am changing channels from one sat to other very fast. Then i am getting the message. If the change is slow then no problem.

• my box seemed to have a hardware issue, got it exchanged and the new one works without problems now. Anyway, one more thing I saw is the fact that it didn't appear after the box was disconnected for some hours and was cold. Maybe worth to try this with your box as well. If this happens probably a slow turning fan could solve this.

Good Luck

• Hello!

It seems to be a hardware problem. On the software site many things were corrected. I had the same problem with the "tuned failed" and other messages like sid and pid not found etc. Yes I tried to tune the configuration with various results.
    After changing the diseqc switch to another one all my problems were gone. Testing the old one I got the same problems back. Somehow it seems that some switches are not fast enough. So when you are on the edge of a little bit to slow your mentioned problems appear. This is not depending on the brand or price of the switch!
    One thing I remember about the old switch in connection with my earlier receiver was a hick up some times by changing from Astra to Hotbird and visa verse.

Kalli

This text was written on 100% recycled bytes !