Slow channel change bug

• My 7025T+ changes channels slowly between different transponders/frequencies. Channels change very fast between same frequency channels, under 1 seconds. But if the channels are on different frequencies, it takes 3 seconds before picture appears.

But now I have noticed this weird thing: if I change two channels to the new frequency, picture appears very fast.

For example: channels 1 & 2 are in one frequency and channels 3 & 4 are in another frequency.

I go to channel 2 and press channel up to go to channel 3, it takes 3 seconds before the picture appears.

But if I go to channel 2 and press channel up twice, I get channel 4, but this time picture appears very fast. In this case Dreambox still changes between two frequencies, but does it much faster, almost as fast as it changes between same frequency channels. I actually tried this with a learning remote macro that pressed up twice and then down once and it still was faster than just pressing up.

So what does the software wait after the channel change? And why doesn't it have the same wait time with that double channel change? Where is this function defined?

• My Box does the same when switching from channel bundle to channel bundle. Sometimes faster sometimes slower. When I use my digibox from technisat I can obey same thing. In my opinion no bug. May be somebody more deep in this materia can explain it.

Kalli

This text was written on 100% recycled bytes !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kalli_fin ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by kalli_fin
    My Box does the same when switching from channel bundle to channel bundle. Sometimes faster sometimes slower. When I use my digibox from technisat I can obey same thing. In my opinion no bug. May be somebody more deep in this materia can explain it.
    Kalli

I know that it can take more time to change channels between frequencies since the tuner module needs to retune etc.

But that does not explain why the change is always fast if I do that double channel change that I explained in my previous message. Looks like Dreambox then skips some syncronization check and shows picture immediately (sometimes there are problems, wrong picture or PMT error). If my theory is true, I would like to have an option to enable that faster mode (or an option to tune the time parameters) since I find the channel change time too slow.

Even DM500T changes channels between different frequencies faster than DM7025T. And so does Topfield 5100.

• Zitat

Originally posted by TimoJ
    So what does the software wait after the channel change? And why doesn't it have the same wait time with that double channel change? Where is this function defined?

Looks like nobody knows the answer or cares to answer... Is there a better messageboard/place where I could ask these questions and also receive answers?