MHW epgcache.cpp Minor Fix?

• Hello,

For people outside Europe, the MHW EPG function does not work because the PIDs are hard coded in the epgcache.cpp file. Other services in other countries also use the MHW EPG format but do not use the same PIDs.

Specifically, the PIDs coded in are (in dec and hex):

MediaHighway EPG
    210 = d2
    211 = d3

MediaHighway 2 EPG
    561 = 231
    564 = 234
    566 = 236

If the developers could PLEASE change it so that these values are variables and editable, that will allow others to use the EPGs that their services broadcast. If you could put these variables in a text file or even a python file, then the end user will be able to adapt MHW for their own services without recompiling the whole image.

If have done everything i can to work out exactly what needs changing, unfortunately i am not able to recompile an image myself. It would hope that it is a relatively minor change now that it has been pointed out.

Thanks for the great box and the great software!

q.

• I am glad you have piped in. From searching i know i am not the only one trying to solve this problem.

I have been experimenting with Canal Caledonie on Intelsat 701 but i believe the same issue applies to Canal Reunion and any other MHW services in French external territories. I read somewhere that showtime Arabia also uses MHW on non European pids.

With this change, it becomes a very simple fix for the user to make it work anywhere!

It would be great to hear back from the Enigma2 team about whether they may be able to fix this (or why it is too difficult)...

q.