Kleiner Fehler: Manuelle Timereingabe

• Servus,

net wirklich wild, aber wenn ich einen Timer manuell eingebe, der Leerzeichen enthält, hab ich im Dateinamen am Schluss immer noch ein Leerzeichen drin.
    Verwende eine CVS- Version von Anfang Monat, aber ich glaub das ist schon länger so. :winking_face:

• Hello,

For what it is worth, I am currently hacking on a fix for the small bug you mention. The fix is part of a larger issue: how to input text more conveniently from the remote control.

It seems from the current code that the developers thought something like this: "Overwrite mode is the best for editing text (or the easiest to implement?) so lets go for that. Then a new key press will always just overwrite the character in the current position. But what if we
    want to add text to the end of the string, there is no character to overwrite there? Aha, lets always add a space to the end if the cursor gets there."

Now, if you insist on overwrite mode it would have been as natural to insert the new character at the end when and if the user presses any key at the end. As far as I can see in the code there is also no problem placing the cursor after the actual string.

What I am doing is to implement insert mode for editing instead of overwrite mode, and in the process I get rid of that silly hack with the space.

I intend to post my patches on the enigma2 development forum (at lists.elitedvb.net), but the patches tend to increase in size all the time since editing support is spread here and there through the code and I try to make my changes consistent throughout the whole code.

Best Regards
    Anders Holst

• Zitat

Originally posted by the_dragon
    Servus,

net wirklich wild, aber wenn ich einen Timer manuell eingebe, der Leerzeichen enthält, hab ich im Dateinamen am Schluss immer noch ein Leerzeichen drin.
    Verwende eine CVS- Version von Anfang Monat, aber ich glaub das ist schon länger so. :winking_face:

Nachdem man einen Titel manuell editiert hat, springt der Cursor hinter das letzte Symbol, wie aholst ja geschrieben hat. Das führt zum Leerzeichen hinter dem Titel im Dateinamen.
    Kleiner Work-Around:
    Einfach die Mute-Taste (Löschen) drücken, sodass der Cursor sich *auf* dem letzten Symbol befindet.

aholst:
    Insert mode sounds good. Sometimes I want to add or replace parts of the title with a string that is longer than the part to replace and I end up with having to rewrite the rest of the title.

Bye, schaumkeks

Dreambox DM7025+ SS (Astra 19,2°E) | Dreambox DM7025 ST (Astra 19.2°E, DVB-T Berlin/Potsdam)