Dreambox 7025 doesn’t find channels with low SR

• Hello,

On NSS7 and W3A there are several channels with a low symbolrate, you can easily retrieve them in the lyngsat charts, ex MBS on 10976 SR 3333
    The problem is that those channels don’t appear with a channelsearch.
    Even a manual search don’t let them appear.
    In satfinder I get a lock on those channels, but only after +/- 5 sec and the indicators are moving heavily. It gives then an SNR of above 90 and AGC of 99.
    I checked with my good old Nokia Mediamaster 9500 and he has no problem to catch those channels.

Thanks

• Hello,
    Just to let you know that the problem is increasing.
    I put one of the latest Oozoon images in the box, and now even a channel that was recieved fine before gives me "tune failed" error.
    This channel is TPA on NSS7 11648 H SR 5926.
    In satfinder i got a lock on this transponder, after 5 or 6 seconders heavy moving off the bars, with an SNR of 92% and a AGC of 99%.
    But in scanning module those channels are not recognised.
    Thanks

• Hello,

Tree months past since i started this post and there is no reaction on it.
    Must i believe to be the only one to have this problem ?
    Or is it not enigma2 related ?

Anyway, i made some screenshots wich clearly show what's wrong.
    I used the transponder 11648 H 5926 SR 3/4 Fec on the NSS7 sat, south africa beam.
    1 : TunesatFinder.jpg is the shot after satfinders stabilize on the transponder.
    2 : Scan_Channels.jpg is shot of the manual scan on this transponder.
    3 : Scan_Channels_done.jpg is shot of screen that appears after scan. First it says no channels found and after 2 sec it change to this one.
    4 : Tune_to_channel.jpg is shot when i tune to this TPA channel. The image is the one of the previous service so the indication of the Frequency, which change after succesfull tune. You see clearly that the SNR stays low and the BER is high. During the time the infobar is on the screen the SNR moves to higher values and than goes back to the low.

I really hope there will be an answer and better an solution for this problem.

• I'm soory t otell you, that I don't know what your Problem is. But I can tell you, that you're using an Image which is not supported in this Board.

Have you ever tried an official Image or at least an up to date cvs-Image?

cu

floh

• Hello,
    Usually i have the latest CVS from Oozoon in the box. I had to switch to this image to make the screenshots.
    But problem is still there.
    Anyway, could you confirm what is the lowest symbolrate that you can catch in Europe.
    Thanks a lot.

• Hello,

I made some screenshots with the latest Oozoon in the box.
    I used two different sats, NSS7 and W3.
    You can see that there is a lock, channel is scaned but no picture.
    As control there are two pictures of what the nokia gives on those freq.The channels are FTA.

My tunerconfiguration is simple with A NSS7, B Sesat 36, C W3A, D NSS7 Cband.
    The LnB's are Invacom C120 quad on prime focus dish from 1m80.
    The discqec switches are Maximus 1.0
    There is about 20 m cable for each dish to the reciever

I don't think the problem is at my side, but in the drivers.

At least tell me if you are able to reproduce or not this problem.

Thanks

• Due to my position and Sat-Equipment, I could only try with 2 channels.

Roma Uno is also one with low Symbol-Rate.

The Results are: If I could get a lock in Satfinder, the channel was found in channel-search.

when I zapped to this channel I got the message 'tune failed'
    after waiting a while the picture appeared.

So it seems the Box needs quite a long time to tune in to those channels.

cu

floh

• Hello,
    Two more months has past since the last post, but the problem is still there.
    It's very strange that a lock is obtain in satfinder but the box is not able to tune to that channel, even after waiting a longer time (2 or 3 min)
    I see that on all those problems channels the AGC is 99 %, maybe there is some relation to it ?
    Thanks

• Finally i found a solution for my problem.

The bug is that when Inversion is set to auto, the tuner is switching from inversion on to inversion off and vice verca, so the signal doesn't come to a lock.
    I delete from the setting list all those channels and rescan them manually with inversion set to off.
    In the channel info inversion now appears as off and when switching to that channel the light comes on.

So i think the state off the inversion should be set when the scan occurs and not left to auto.