Dreambox 7025 and no free tuner

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: Dreambox 7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): Enigma v 2.2-2006-11-06
    Firmware version:Release 2.2 from 26.03.2007

your question
    I have noticed that after a clean scan searching for new channels, with the option "Clear before scan", some of my channels that I have in the favourites give an error message saying: “No free tuner!”

Why is that? Does it means that the dreambox is full, I thought it could take unlimited channels.

How come there is no free tuner?

At the last scan it found:
    1303 on the Astra 19
    1880 on Hotbird 13
    1152 on Astra 29

Total: 4335

Have you also seen this message and how do you fix it?

Thanx Bally

• No free tuner is supposed to mean that you cannot change to that channel because you are already recording off of that satellite

For example
    If you have Astra in Tuner 1 and Hotbird in Tuner 2
    Set the dreambox to record a station on tuner 1 and watch football on tuner 2. When the match was over you went to watch a program on Astra it will give you the "No Free Tuner" error as it cannot change channels or you will lose your recording.

Why it is happening in your case I don't know. I have had that message when I'm flipping through channels very quickly instead of using the Bouquets, but switching away, and then back typically corrects that problem

FTA Box History
    Pansat 2500a, Digiwave 7000, Coolsat 4000, Dreambox dm-500, Dreambox 7000 w120 gig hdd, Dreambox 7020 w300 gig hdd :grinning_squinting_face:

• I have the same problem ocured when I changed to newer software version, now I updated again and those progs seems to work but they apeared other problems now. I thik it may be a fully software problem. Because 7025 is relatively new model and ofers endles options it's soft is not quite stable - true I'm not using it's original soft due to limitations it has!
    In my opinion those who have this problem - try software update!!! In most cases it works!!!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von steamx ()