Bug in OE and e2reaction.py?

• Today i decided update my enigma and Oe to newer src, but after when i try run enigma2, it stops, above is log

thx

• Unfortunately im sitting in front of my MacBook and thus I can't build OE (at least I didn't manage to do so in hours trying to fix breaking packages while following HowTos - so much easier on Debian, even on Gentoo it broke horribly for me... must be me :-))...

But there are still people releasing CVS-Images so I guess the error is somewhere hidden in your OE.
    As mentioned above I'm lacking ressources and thereby can't reproduce your problems myself. Have you tried building a vanilla E2 so we can exclude the possibility that some modification of yours is causing the problem?

PS: Sorry for later reply, I was hoping someone more qualified would take on this topic :winking_face:

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

• For example i got this error now:

Code
    /mnt/hdd2/1.4/build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/lib/dreambox-secondstage/main.bin.gz /mnt/hdd2/1.4/build/tmp/deploy/images/dreambox-image-dm7025-20070812155544.boot.jffs2 /mnt/hdd2/1.4/build/tmp/deploy/images/dreambox-image-dm7025-20070812155544.rootfs.jffs2 dm7025 > /mnt/hdd2/1.4/build/tmp/deploy/images/dreambox-image-dm7025-20070812155544.nfi
    ERROR: function image_cmd failed
    ERROR: see log in /mnt/hdd2/1.4/build/tmp/work/dreambox-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.image_cmd.32283

and

log.imgae_cmd.32283

Code
    mkfs.jffs2: read: Is a directory

it many times hangs on do rootfs

I tried 1.4 and 1.5 version of OE

• Ok, can't help you with dreambox-image as it fails for me on do_rootfs, too (only managed to get it build twice, but can't figure out what I did right...), but as I don't plan to distribute images I can live with live-updating my image for the time being.
    But obviously your build fails when trying to call mkfs.jffs2 which - according to the message - is a directory and not a binary as expected.
    You could try rebuilding mtd-utils-native and see if it helps.

I just tried building dreambox-image with new mtd-utils-native and wiped build/tmp/deploy/image and one of it might have done the trick as I ended up with a .nfi :winking_face:

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung