new DM600-s - problems + No CA found by 2nd stage loader,please contact support at dream-multimedia!

• Hello
    i have two days old DM600-s and i can't get it to work very well, first time when i started it, in menu where i can select menu language, dm600 locked up without pressing any buttons. After that it started again only if i remove power supply for about 5 min. Sometimes after connecting power supply, two LEDs green and red will blink very fast and dm600 will not start, what it does mean? If it start-up fine, it will work ok, but sometimes it just stop responding. When i tried to reflash dm600 with null-modem cable using DreamUp, after "uploading flash loader", i have this message: No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia! tried many times and still same problem. What i have to do now? dm600 is from Germany, but i live in Finland...Thanks you for your help.

• Unfortunately, this means that there is a hardware problem with the storage of the vital product data, which includes the mac address etc.

I think there is no other way than to contact the support.

• 1) Start dreamup
    2) Press connect
    3) Connect power to box
    4) When error box pops up, press ok
    5) use google search enforcer
    6) Starta enforcer, drag it on front of dreamup and press enable.
    7) now press flash button and chose a firmware
    :smiling_face_with_sunglasses: Flash progress will probably hang
    9) Open dreamup again now try flash it trough serial only

did try this solution on 1pcs of dm800....

here is another workaround..

1) Connect a working DM600 to dreamup, press connect
    2) insert com in the broken dm600, and press flash button.
    3) Flash probably hangs
    4) Open dreamup again now try flash it trough serial only

did try this on a dm800 that had stoped responding compleatley on serial and network flashing
    and its now working again
    //forhike

• Hello,

i got the same problem. i tlried the first workaround cause i don't have the chance to put another dm600 on my computer. the first workaround doesn't work f,or me cause i get the error message "Image to big". I tried different versions of dreamup and 3 different images. nothing works. anyone has another solution?

Here is my complete case:

Got a new dm600 and Im sure its no clone
    tried to put the ******-460-dm600pvr-200812192032.nfi on via webinterface (unplug dm600, hold down power button und plug it bak in)
    could connect to webinterface and started flashing.
    webinterface shows 100% complete and i was waiting another minute
    after i restarted by unplug the power cord I got both LED`s on at all time. no picture, booting, no pinging at all
    I tried to reflash via null modem cable and different versions of dreamUP but dreamUP comes up with the error " " is not a valid integer value" when i plug in the dm600
    I read a lot about people with the same error... they tried to do the prozess again and again until it worked but it doesn't work for me. (tried 200 times at least)
    I tried to connect via hyperterminal and got the following output:

Dreambox DM600PVR
    FIRST STAGE 1.6 {BO2345}
    2ND STAGE OK, build #67 (20081024)

0.000 - fp init
    0.001 - ca init
    SW != 9000
    error in receive
    error during t1 transfer
    cannot read cert(1)
    SW != 9000
    error in receive
    error during t1 transfer
    cannot read cert(1)
    SW != 9000
    error in receive
    error during t1 transfer
    cannot read cert(1)
    SW != 9000
    error in receive
    error during t1 transfer
    cannot read cert(1)
    SW != 9000
    error in receive
    error during t1 transfer
    cannot read cert(1)
    CA invalid
    no OLED found!
    NO CONFIGURATION DATA PRESENT. STOP.
    * ERR01: NO CA FOUND

can anyone help me in this case?

greets,

Karesto

• Just to post I fixed the error message I received from dream up "No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia!" on my GENUINE DM800. No thanks at all to the only UK supplier of genuine boxes or dream-multimedia.tv (who im still waiting to contact me, 5days after!), which Im surprised since I expected better support from after taking being so helpful and friendly taking my £356! No thanks to user 'floh' who deleted my original post when asking for help. I Think that user should be deleted! OK rant over!

I found the fix by pure persistence and some support from other websites insisting there was no hardware error, just when I was going to give up!

On a good note, from my experience this is NOT due to a hardware error, it is the Secondstage bootloader becoming corrupt (Prob from an incorrrect shutdown or powercut)I think the main point that other users may have missed is that you need to flash the DM with a relevant image, so dont be afraid to repeat process several times.

NOTE: Before starting confirm your simcard is plugged in correctly, remove top of DM, looking down in bottom right hand corner you should see a simcard with glue on top, confirm that it looks plugged in correctly, you could give it a slight 'poke' if your unsure, but not too hard!

Anyway heres how, I hope I can save other users from the last 5days I've had!!!

- Unplug all connections from DM, only leaving ethernet cable (straight cable if going to a router) and serial connection to your PC, If using a USB --> Serial converter, make sure you have correct drivers installed (Confirm in control panel --> System--> Device manager --> Ports on XP). Note your COM port of your connection.

- Ok firstly use dreamup1.3.3.4, make sure you got 'network' box checked and enter an IP address in the same subnet as your router. this will be the same first 3 digits only altering the last digit (as your subnet mask will be 255.255.255.0), enter a value you know to be free (I chose 100)

- Confirm that you have correct COM port selected

- Select CONNECT

- Plug back in mains on DM (dreamup should load the flashloader and then display the error CA error etc, press OK)

- Dont waste your time on 'Enforcer' or 'dream_fix' (ie. the tools that activate the flash button within dreamup), you will only get the error message that says 'File Too Big' error.

- Press OK on error message (you should now have an IP address assigned to your DM and displayed in the front panel of your DM)

- Open browser window and type in DMs IP in the address bar

- Wait for DM welcome window (I found this took a long time to load, more so after selecting a .nfi image that had a different Second stage BL to my corrupt version, so be patient! :sleeping_face: )

- Note the value of the secondstage bootloader (this is very valid if this is your first attempt at trying the repair and no other firmwares have been loaded)

- Press on 'device upgrade' select a .nfi build that has the same second stage loader that was on your DM before the 'CA error' (If you dont know you'll have to keep rebooting and repeating the process, trying different .nfi images until you match it :loudly_crying_face: )

- Once the secondstage BL match is made, you'll find that the unit boots past the 'error' message and all appears as it should :thumbs_up:

NOTE: This worked for me on my GENUINE DM800 and saved £99+del repair fee. Use at your own risk if your attempting on a clone version (I hear they can be very sensitive with Second stage BootLoaders)