Opening an image on a windows PC?

• Hi Folks,

Is there a program that will allow you to open an .img file on a windows PC?

There is a program called NewTuxFlash that allows you to open a dbox2 .img file and you can extract files from it (but not add) but it doesn't work with dreambox images.

I've tried a few 'unzip' programs but none seem to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Devilfish

• Hi,
    install virtual box and then install a linux in this virtual PC and then mount should be possible.

cu B.

-- Die Lücke die ich hinterlasse ersetzt mich vollständig --

• I have virtual machine with ubuntu installed and I can do it this way but I was thinking about for people who are new to the dreambox or don't have much experience.

pcd...multiboot is an option that I hadn't thought of...thanks. But this can't be done if you have a DM500.

Thank you both for your answers.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Devilfish ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by Devilfish
    pcd...multiboot is an option that I hadn't thought of...thanks. But this can't be done if you have a DM500.

Why not? Of course you can use multiboot with dm500 also (check flashwizard).

• I have a DM7000 and use multiboot with a usb drive. I know you can also use the hdd to multiboot but the Dm500 doesn't have a usb slot or hdd. How can this be done please? Do you use a mount to a PC for multiboot?

Thanks