Open Embedded Noob guide?

• Hey guys I was just wondering if there is a noob guide to installing open embedded & what packages I need to build a basic dreambox 600 image from the cvs - or if any tutorials exist.

I have made dreambox 500 images before from the tuxbox cvs - but I used a guide to do this so I am looking for something similar for the dm600.

Cheers and any help or links would be appreciated.

• Considering this is a developer forum - there is not much help to be had in here, lots of views but not one single reply! either you all know nothing or you just can't be bothered helping - hmmmm sorry for wasting your time.

• Also follow carefully the instructions here : h**p://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEandYourDistro
    You will need momotone 0.31.

Cheers, pcd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pcd ()

• OK that's me built a basic image now, now say I wanted to add my own services, cables.xml files and custom plugins - how would I go about that - ie what files would I need to modify - or where would I add my extra files and what commands would I use to rebuild the image with the added files?

Cheers.

• For including stuff in the image, you will find an English openembedded how-to in Boxman's forum. For including by ftp, all the locations are shown as links from /var. :smiling_face:

• Zitat

Originally posted by pcd
    For including stuff in the image, you will find an English openembedded how-to in Boxman's forum. For including by ftp, all the locations are shown as links from /var. :smiling_face:

Thanks m8, I joined that form and downloaded the pages with the guides. That will get me on my way, cheers.