dm7025 and dvb-t works not verry well

• I have a 7025 with a dvb-s tuner en dvb-t tuner.
    I live about 2 kilometer from the dvb tower (kpn netherlands) and use a outside
    antenna.
    Signal is 93% and kwaliti is 49%
    I get freezes all the time and the kwalitie is than dropping less than 49% when de signal is 93%.
    I have tried many antenna,s on many places , cables, images, still with the same problems.
    Do i have a bad dvb-t tuner or is the software still not right for dvb-t? :angry_face:
    Can somebody help me what to do ?

• I have opened a similar thread. Only in German. (Sporadischer Abbruch der Aufnahmen)
    Yes, it seems we have the same problems. Also I am living not far away from the tower. Tested indoor antenna, outdoor antenna. No difference.
    Let's hope some day it will be solved. Your not allone.

kind regards

kalli_fin

This text was written on 100% recycled bytes !

• You do know that with DVB-T you can actually get to good signal. Have you tested with a signal damper (not sure engllish spelling here), it is a device that makes the signa weaker.

I have not tested DVB-T for myself only DVB-S and DVB-C.

/WeeGull

• For what it’s worth, my DM 7025 (with 2×DVB-T tuners) works fine. No reception problems whatsoever in normal weather conditions. The transmitter site is about 60 km away. Seeing that you’re located very near to the transmitter, perhaps you’re getting too strong a signal (which overdrives the tuner) and would need an RF attenuator dongle of some sort?

znark

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jukka Aho ()

• Hi!.

Using the DM7025 with DVB-S and DVB-T tuner and have no problem with anything. i live about 25KM from the transmitter well I can almost see the mast by looking out the window. Using an indoor antenna with 12 dB gain. The signal here is 99, 49and 0% and no drop outs. So maybe an attenuator for you is the answer to a signal that you can use.

Regards: Gaj1
    Dreambox 7025ST+/ 800 HD-PVR mit Motor und warte auf die DM8000 :smiling_face:

• Zitat

Original von Gaj1
    Hi!.

Using the DM7025 with DVB-S and DVB-T tuner and have no problem with anything. i live about 25KM from the transmitter well I can almost see the mast by looking out the window. Using an indoor antenna with 12 dB gain. The signal here is 99, 49and 0% and no drop outs. So maybe an attenuator for you is the answer to a signal that you can use.

Hello,

I have problems with DVB-T, too. As I wrote in another thread, for me the problem only exists in Firmware 2.2.
    Version 2.1 works very well (except the daylight saving time bug).
    Which Firmware do you use?

P.S. For the moment I use 2.1 with a patched timer.py - so I can use the box until the bug is fixed in cvs.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von maihacke ()

• Hi!.

For the time being Im actually using latest Boxman Image from yeasterday. But also OzZooN latest is tested and works fine to. Try a Goggle search and you will find their Images :).

Regards: Gaj1
    Dreambox 7025ST+/ 800 HD-PVR mit Motor und warte auf die DM8000 :smiling_face:

• Strange, I tried those Images too but for every image which based on a CVS > 2.1 I had the same problems. Switching back to 2.1 fixed it, so I don't think that my DVB-T is broken.
    Can somebody from DMM confirm this?

• this problem with dvbt seems to be multiple.

1. started to use the indoor antenna again. Outdoor antenna was even worth. A short piece of wire gave a strong signal, but moving in the room gave distortions. So I placed the antenna on a high shelf adding an attenuator for 3,5dB. Attenuator is in this case a simple antenna splitter for 1,20€. SNR is now 98%. Signal is fine and no strange messages were any more noticed.

2. It seems the player don't like bad signals at all. All my recording stops happened during recording and watching at the same time.
    I use now the latest Boxman image and this problem is gone.

Here my experince. Please comment.

This text was written on 100% recycled bytes !

• The problem has nothing to do with DVB-T. It has something to do with receiving a signal on the reception threshold. That appears to hang the box.

I use DVB-T and DVB-S in Arnhem Netherlands. Until June 6th it worked well. After June 6th the transmitter in Arnhem has been switched off and I have to rely on a transmitter in Nijmegen which is too far a way for good reception.

Since June 6th my receiver hangs when I zap to DVB-T. Many other Dutch users appear to have similar problems on DVB-S during a rain storm.

I opened a new thread (see Dreambox hangs when signal is poor ).

Regards, Frits