Future for 7020S ?

• Will this model 7020S have softwares update further more or support will stop when this 8000 model arrives ?

I mean, I would like to hear your general comment about model 7020S future after this new model 8000 arrives.

Thanks

• Hi,

the 7020, while still being sold, is an obsolete model. I believe there may be few, if any, new updates by Dream. There are, however, plenty of updates available from 3rd party resources. Just search the internet ...

Mamba

• The thing is that dealer told me that he is not going to sell this model 7020S anymore as it is obsolete. I am suprised as I think this modell is actually most popular, right ? I read, that 7025 model is not so popular and does not have software support like 7020S. And of course this 7025 is more expensive.

So now I don't know what to do. I just wanted to purchase this model, and now I am not clever enough to decide. I know that model 8000 is coming, but is it going to have all this support like 7020 ? And of course it will be much expensive in comparison to 7020 model.

What to do ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dxer ()

• If you need only a single tuner, take the 7020
    If you need a twin-tuner, buy the 7025
    If you need HDTV and multituner, wait for the 8000

The 7000/7020/500 have a stable, working and finished Software. Do not expect many more Features.
    The 7025 has almost the same features like the other boxes. But its a completely different Hard- and softwareplatform. The useability of the 7025 ia little bit better than 7020. Other things like webinterface,... are not so perfect yet, but at the end of development the 7025 will win.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von el_tonno ()