7025 DVB-T QAM-16 broken and DMM doesn't care

• Folks,
    I cannot get the DVB-T tuner to scan my local DTT services on enigma versions post august 2006.. images upto that point work fine tuning in my services. But those based on enigma2 after that date, both official and non-official, just do not find any DTT services... its the very same search each time and I have tried to vary settings and even punched in the exact settings I should require.. it just does not work.

Some hacking with the lamedb files etc, has led me to believe that it relates to QAM-16 support being broken... the reason being is that when I force the transponder and service data into a newer image, the tuner status shows QPSK when our services here in Ireland use QAM-16 constellation and in the images upto to 8/2006 it does show QAM-16.

But most importantly.. DMM just have not answered my emails.. and I've posted on this forum and never got an official answer that it is a bug etc.

I was just wondering if this is the norm for DMM.. that you pay a lot of money for a receiver and then get fuck all support because they just don't care.

Anyone else have the same experience.. or it there some hidden link that allows me to log a bug?

• Thanks to some help from DMM.. copying over /lib/modules/2.6.12.6/extra/tu1216.ko from the working release to the latest DMM or variant images, gets the DTT service searching working for me.

This is perfect work-around for now until the issue is fully understood and hopefully patched in the mainline.

So it looks like they do care!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dresdner353 ()

• that file is attached...

I've kept upto date with DMM's images and those of other teams, following CVS etc.. but the fault I reported is still not fixed.. each time, I have to copy this file back over /lib/modules/2.6.12.6/extra/tu1216.ko and then reboot the box to be able to tune in my DVB-T services

..and sooner or later, the open-embedded kernel version will be increased and probably prevent me using the old driver.

so I hope DMM is reading this and looking into why this fault occurs on the later and newest tu1216 driver.

• The code is licensed under GPL so maybe you can get the source code from DreamMultimedia.

Code
    filename:       tu1216.ko
    license:        GPL
    author:         Ralph Metzler, Marcus Metzler, Michael Hunold, others
    description:    Generic TU1216 driver
    description:    Philips TDA10045H & TDA10046H DVB-T Demodulator
    author:         Andrew de Quincey & Robert Schlabbach
    license:        GPL
    vermagic:       2.6.12.6 gcc-4.1
    depends:        fp
    parm:           debug:Turn on/off frontend debugging (default:off). (int)
  • now this is the same problem i got on the cu1216.ko and they didint even bother to reply !!!!

if someone has difficulties with receaving cable use the older dvb drivers

LLP

DM 8000 SScc ,DM 7025-cc, DM 7000-s DM 500-s,t,c