DB7025 and Irdeto

• Hello,

I just got Dreambox 7025s and I have an irdeto card subscription.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to accept the card and I wanted to know if I need to buy an irdeto catrige or there is an emulation that I could use to upgrade my box.

thank you in advance,
    Nick

• this is the official dmm board so it´s forbidden to talk about sofcam emulation!

thio only legal way is to buy an irdeto-cam :smiling_face:

Dreambox 7000s, 7025ss, 600s, 800s, 8000ss, Hotbird 13°, Astra 19,2°, Astra 23,5°

• thank you for the note, however, I have spent 250chf on an irdeto cam and my dreambox does not recognize it. from the store they told me that I had to upgrade the software in order to configure the ports correctly.

I have no idea how to do that and I'd appreciate any support, ie how do i upgrade my box's software via its ethernet port, what application do i use to upgrade it, etc.

thank you,
    N

• So let's talk about how to update your DB (and nothing else)

First of all: You need a current image. Look here (Dreamville) or here (BoxMan)

Second: you need a network connection between your PC and your Dreambox ( an update via network connection is the quite easiest way zu update )

Make shure the connection is correct. Use e.g. the DCC ( http://www.bernyr.de/ ) or similar to check the connection is established.

- Switch off the DB with the main switch on the backside.
    - Press the channel down button, keep it pressed.
    - Switch on the DB ... keep the channel down button pressed until a STOP is shown in the display.
    - release the channel down button
    - the box's IP will be shown on the display

Now you can get access to the DB just by typing this IP in your internet-browsers adress-inputfield

Further instructions are described on the pages appearing in your browsers window.

Sorry for my Denglish ...

DM7025 S, Seagate ST380012ACE, 80GB ( wurde außer Bertieb gesetzt )
    DM8000, WD10EADS Caviar Green, 1TB ( ist leider verstorben )
    2x DM7020HD, WD10EARS Caviar Green, 1TB
    DM800SE Seagate ST9750423AS (Momentum) 750GB
    Multisw: Spaun 9982; LNB: 1x ALPS Universal-Quatro-LNB
    QNAP TS-209 Pro II, 2x Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ, 1TB
    FritzBox 7490