Error compiling glibc-intermediate-2.3.2+cvs20040726-r18

• I performed the following actions:

- Upgraded monotone to version 0.29
    - Upgraded bitbake to version 1.6.1
    - Pulled a fresh new openembedded database (branch org.openembedded.dreambox)
    - Checked out the new openembedded tree
    - Completely removed the build/tmp directory, so everything will be rebuilt

A couple of lines in my local.conf:
    MACHINE = "dm7020"
    DISTRO = "opendreambox-1.4"

The build starts fine, but stops when compiling glibc-intermediate-2.3.2+cvs20040726-r18. Below are the error messages:

I found out that it is not due to changes in the corresponding bb-file (reverted it manually). But I don't have a clue where to search for the solution.

Is this a known problem?
    Has anybody successfully compiled this with the new environment (monotone, bitbake)?

Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Sat-Turner

• Someone deleted some files in openembedded/packages/binutils, which are needed to compile binutils-2.15.0.2. You could copy the missing files from the old openembedded version 1.3 to the new version 1.4.

Cheers
    Hein

• Zitat

Original von Hein Holz
    Someone deleted some files in openembedded/packages/binutils, which are needed to compile binutils-2.15.0.2. You could copy the missing files from the old openembedded version 1.3 to the new version 1.4.

Thanks a lot Hein, it worked :winking_face:

So it seems that openembedded is broken, for the 7020 image anyway. It could be that the binutils files should not have been deleted. Another possibility is that the binutils version dm7020.conf needs to be changed.

It worked for me when I copied these files from the old openembedded/packages/binutils:
    binutils_2.15.91.0.2.bb
    binutils-cross_2.15.91.0.2.bb
    binutils-cross-sdk_2.15.91.0.2.bb
    binutils-2.15.91.0.2 (is a directory)

Cheers,
    Sat-Turner

• I have the same problem but I'm not so expert and I nedd some information:

How can I update Bitbake? (It's needed ? )
    How can I search files in 1.3 openembedded version ?
    Thanks.

• I have the same problem right now.

This is the error message :

How to fix ?

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

• I started from scratch after the error in the beginning so I have no files anymore that are mentioned in the post.

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

• If you are going from scratch with OE 1.4 for 7025 you have to revert the last change in OE so you can compile glibc-intermediate and later when glibc 2.3.5 does not compile you have to clean and update the last chnage in OE.

/WeeGull

Zitat

Originally posted by MikeV
    I started from scratch after the error in the beginning so I have no files anymore that are mentioned in the post.

• ehmm and what are the steps for doing this ?

I have no clue where to revert the patches or how.
    A short how to would help me (us) alot :smiling_face:

• cd build

source ./env.source

cd ../openembedded

mtn --db=../oe.mtn update -r 58fb39ec6affc4c4c4238579f54fded2e4908368

cd ../build

bitbake dreambox-image

when glibc 2.3.5 fails

bitbake -cclean glibcxxxxxxxx

cd ../openembedded

mtn --db=../oe.mtn update

cd ../build

bitbake dreambox-image

That should work I think, just writing from my head.

/WeeGull

• many thx's for this guide.

All went well but still the same error !

• i get the same error, so its not only you ... the funny thing is, when you get the build environment with the rsync method (not monotone), the build is working for this step.

• I run monotone 0.28 and use the bitbake 1.4.2 all that comes with make -f Makefile-opendreambox

Try to start from beginning again. It is little tricky to get it work as it should it seams. Also it depends on other packages in Linux and I do know which I have i Debian Sarge but not in any other Linux.

I install these packages,
    apt-get install cvs autoconf automake1.9 libtool gettext flex-old bzip2 pkg-config dpsyco python-psyco python-svn svn-buildpackage diffstat libz-dev texi2html libncurses5-dev ntp-server

apt-get install libboost-date-time-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-dev

/WeeGull

• building and checking now.

thx for the feedback..let you all know how it goes.

• well he finally went past the point of the error..So it al looks fine again !!