WebInterface - next event name not identical to next event name in single EPG

• This is a very annoying problem we have in Scandinavia with 0.8 Thor and 4.8 Sirius. And I dont think it has to do with that.

If we go to channelselection and push INFO, the next event name is correct, and not in webinterface next event. In WebIf the next event name has danish language

In screen channelselection we also have a custom renderer that shows us the next event. This renderer also shows the wrong danish epgs for next event. The same as in WebInterface.

I have studied python and find that the renderer and webif seems to use eEPGCache, and Channelselection EPG does not.

My question is, does the shown epg has something to do with language chosen? And where should we look (python, settings, etc.) to get the right EPG for renderer and webinterface? Is this a bug? I dont know...

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

• You might want to check the epg.db (e.g. with SQLite Editor). Probably there are various languages in your stations EPG and maybe some enigma2 classes do not handle this properly!? You might find out about the broadcasted EPG with dvbsnoop

P.S.: I've always asked my dev questions in IRC where the devs are idling all day anyway :face_with_tongue:

so long
    m0rphU

• Thanks for answering @m0rphU!

It certanly is varios languages in both 4.8E and 0.8E satellites. They are delivering EPG for different nordic countries. Norwegian, Svedish and danish.

Thanks for the tips about SQLite and dvbsnopp! Will look more into that.

I will take a trip over to enigma2 IRC channel and look for further help. Who do you think I should talk to there?

Next event in epgcache would normally be (and is similar in python for webinterface and the most used NextEvent.py (renderer) wich many uses:

eventNext = self.epgcache.lookupEvent(['IBDCTSERNX', (ref.toString(), 1, -1)])
    nextEventName = eventNext[0][4]

I played a bit with python and managed to find the right EPG with this code:

eventNext = self.epgcache.lookupEvent(['IBDCTSERNX', (ref.toString(), 1, -1, -1)])
    nextEventName = eventNext[1][4]

I now asume my new code will mess it up when other languages is used, or when my image is used in other countries. I have a rule, do not fix code to fix a personal problem. It will most likely fuck up for everybody else. Not a good solution :face_with_tongue:

But why is it right in epg.db and not in cache, thats what someone has to look into. :smiling_face:

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -