DM7025 Poor picture quality ?

• Now i have used my new DM7025 for a week.
    But i'm not very happy with the picture quality on the DM7025 compaired to my old DM7000 ?

Are there used some better hardware components in the DM7000 on the Scart output ?
    I'm using a top quality shielded flat type scart cable. The TV is a Bang & Olufsen LS6000. I got a perfect nice picture on the DM7000. Both onscreen graphics and TV signals are perfect with the DM7000.

But on the DM7025 do i e.g see som intereference problems on vertical lines. Like the colors are not in perfect control ?
    Special on the onscreen menues are there big intereference using vertical graphics.
    Using subtitles on my Dm7000 are there NO intereference at all. But they are there on my DM7025 :frowning_face:
    I'm not running RGB mode on any of my boxes. Using RGB mode does the picture go very dark on (contrast), like the signal level from the Dreambox is to low ? (only tryed RGB mode on the DM7025)

What can be done to make the picture quality as good as my DM7000 ?

Do i have to live with it ?

Can it be solved with software or can something in the hardware be replaced to fix it ?

What have Dream Multimedia changed exept Enigma2 ?

Regards,
    Niels Moeller.

• Hi!.

I do not agree with you, about the poor picture quality on the DM7025.

I have 2 TVs here, a 32" Sony 16:9 Trinitron (not used anymore) and a Acer AT3705-MGW LCD Flatpanel. Both are connected to the DM7025 by scart cable and using RGB for the signal. Also using subtitles (2SUB) ofcourse.
    Besides the difference on the TVs, tube/flatpanel, I see no intereference on anyone of them. That goes even for my other Boxes (DM7000 and DM7020).
    So when I dont see any bad picture quality here, could it be because I use RGB?, I have used cvbs also. Maybe hardware?, the flatpanel is so much better in picture.
    My Image?, I use the latest Image from DMM.
    I can only say, that i am very satisfied with the picture quality on all my Boxes.

Regards: Gaj1
    Dreambox 7025ST+/ 800 HD-PVR mit Motor und warte auf die DM8000 :smiling_face:

• Gaj1, are your picture in RGB mode as bright as on CVBS mode ?

Using RGB mode here will the intereference also go away, but then i get this very dark picture. Even if i adjust the contrast on the TV up to highest level is it still to dark.

Using CVBS mode on the old DM7000 do i not see the intereference problem.

• Hi Niels!.

In the Sony tube TV its brigther in cvbs mode, than in RGB. But not more, than I can adjust it to the level I want. On the Acer flatpanel no difference in brigthnes level from cvbs to RGB. And , yes you are rigth, on the DM7000 this dont happend on both TVs. Why i realy dont now.
    The DM7020 has the same lavel difference from cvbs to RGB on the tube TV. Not on the flatpanel. Could it be the hardware/software in the old DM7000 that does the difference?.

• Hi, Gaj1

Thank you for the answer.
    I think we can confirm that there is some difference from the old 7000/7020 to the 7025.. In this case the 7025 is not so good on my TV as the old 7000.

I could be nice to have a comment from DreamMultimeada i this case to hear what they have to say about the hardware/software ?

Regards,
    Niels Moeller

• Hi!.

Well, the DM7020 acts just like the DM7025 regarding the cvbs/RGB matter, but you can read a lot more about the subject here:

Bildstörungen

Note that most are using tube TVs ;).