IR DM Keyboard

• Hello,

does the IR DM Keyboard work with the DM7025? I made a lsmod and the result is:

dreambox_keyboard 5888 0 - Live 0xc00c9000
    dreambox_rc2 5264 1 dreambox_keyboard, Live 0xc00c6000

is the module dreambox_keyboard its module?

thanks in advance

• Hi csjosa,

Yes it works, you can access it via the linux input event interface. You can make a

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

to find the correct /dev/input/event? device node, if you want to use it with your bameboy emu :winking_face:

Greetz
    Seddi

• Thanks Seddi,

Some days ago i made a program to read the input/eventX dev:

Read UP/DOWN Buttons in LCD

And my surprise was that the scan of the /dev/input/eventX said in my 7025:

input0: dreambox front panel vendor 0000 product 0000 version 0000
    input1: dreambox remote control (native) vendor 0000 product 0000 version 0000
    input2: dreambox ir keyboard vendor 0000 product 0000 version 0000
    input3: dreambox ir mouse vendor 0000 product 0000 version 0000
    input4: Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 vendor 046d product c219 version 0200

So, now i am thinking about what is it better, to buy a dreambox ir keyboard or a logitech wireless keyboard?.

What do you think Seddi, what do you recomend to me? the DM IR Keyboard or the logitech?

Thanks in advance.

PD: I think that the Dreamboy works correctly with all keyboards. I made a universal rutine in the soft that reads all events from input/eventX every time.

• I like my DM IR keyboard and will not miss it. It is very handy, has the "mouse stick" and needs no receiver that needs to be plugged into the usb. Sure I know, that the DM keyboard is not really cheap, but I thinks its worth the money it costs.