considering 7025

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type:
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2):
    Firmware version:

your question

Hello all.... I am considering purchasing a 7025. My question is, my friend is considering purchasing one as well but he hasnt got a clue about computers, so i will be setting up everything for him. Is it possible to transfer images/settings from one box to another using either a memory card or usb stick, as this would make things easier when changing images and setting up. Also would it be possible for him to boot from the memory card/usb stick?......Thanks in advance

• I have dm7000 but read it should be possible with dm7025. But I do not know if it is working - programming internal flash using connected CF module with new software.

dm8000sss : 30w;8w,4w,1w,5e,7e,9e,13e,16e,19e,23e,26e,28e,31e,33e,36e,39e,42e,45e;53e

• all what you want is possible with multiboot for DM 7025 which is freeware (and not violating the board rules), but because the developement and testing is done in another baord you will have to google to download the kit.

You only need a CF card (or with limitations an USB stick) with at least 256MB (for 3 images to boot) or bigger.

You simply do a copy from flash to CF card, set it so that it boots from there (so that 2.nd box doesn't even need multiboot installed) and then you insert in second box and copy the image back to flash.

The Cf card then acts like a kind of boot floppy which has also the complete image on it :winking_face:

Have fun multibooting (because it has other nice features available)

latest multiboot kit ist Beta 6.3

Ciao
    thowi

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()