Partitions Multiboot

• So far am working great with multiboot and for this thanks to thowi...

I have a 512 mb CF....and so far I have 3 partitions....can i insert more partitions on the CF since there is ample space (without loosing what I have)? How is this achieved please? Thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nomobeha ()

• Multiboot 6 coming out today as first Beta will support up to 12 Image Partitions (on an 1 GB CF card or bigger, in your case only 6 Partitions are possible with a 512 Mb card) - enough ?

But you will have to go to the home board where always the latest Multiboot kit is posted to download it :winking_face:

Regarding the not loosing - simply use the X copy feature to create Multiboot Image files out of your Partitions and restore after installing 6.0

It would be also better to post your questions there, because I come here not so regulary.

Ciao
    thowi

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• That will be great....thanks....

One other thing....if I have a hardisk installed apart from the 6 partitions, can i install more on the harddisk?

Thanks a lot

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nomobeha ()

• Multiboot <= 5 allows 3 Partitions on the Cf card and another 3 Partitions on the Harddisk

Multiboot 6.0 allows up to 12 Partitions in total, meaning either all 12 on CF, all 12 on Harddisk or 6 on Harddisk and 6 on CF Card - the last one ist helpfull if you have only 512 MB CF Card to still get the total 12 possible Partitions of Multiboot 6

ciao
    thowi