DM 800HD crashing everytime I check the network

• Hi everybody,this is my 1st post here - a good website.
    I have owned a genuine 800HD for sometime and I am in a cardsharing ring.
    I use Dreambox Control Centre and for sometime I can see that it shows the 800 is not connected to the the PC via the router. However it must be, otherwise I would not be receiving the channel Im watching. Because DCC says Im not connected and not allowing me to access the settings via the PC. I hope that is clear so far.
    So, I go to the 800, go to settings to see if I can access the correct IP address so I can put that into DCC, and it crashes, the green flash and then the whole screen with a long message. I then have to go through the cycle of letting it all load up again.
    To get the IP address, ive pulled the power out of the 800, held the start button down and put the power back in. I can see I get an IP address this way. So I go to DCC, manually enter that number, and DCC still does not connect.
    I cant see what Im doing wrong.
    Ive done my best to explain myself here as clearly as possible, as Im not gifted technically, but I really cannot see my next move.
    I would appreciate any help on this problem, and if anyone needs additional information, I will help you all I can.

Thank you!

Martin

• Use the standard skin. If it still crashes post the crashlog which can be found under /hdd.

Btw: no support for illegal stuff!!!! Read the rules.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Access the box via ftp (filezilla), enter the directory /hdd, download the latest crashlog (enigma2....), attach it here.

Gruss
    Dre

• Thanks Dre, that needs me to learn how to do all of that. I wont ask how to anymore as youve been more than helpful.
    I presume that means bring the 800 to the PC.
    Thanks again.

• You install filezilla on your pc. Start it. Enter the ip-address of your dreambox, user root, password. It will list you the directories when successfully connected.

Gruss
    Dre

• I must have something wrong with the box - Filezilla says it could not connect to server.
    By the way - the only way I have of knowing the IP address of the DB is by holding down the power button, then plugging in the power lead - is that ok?
    Also, in the Filezilla portal, across the top, it says HOST USERNAME PASSWORD PORT.
    I presume host is for the IP address, thne username and password I know, but dint know the port - was that important.

Dre - I relly appreciate your help, but you have to remember im not familar with the workings of the DB and associated software etc.

• No need to enter the port.

Stop mode does not necessarily use the same ip. I guess the only way to find out is to access your router's webinterface and check the dhcp clients.

Gruss
    Dre

• I'd say it's best you flash your dreambox. Back up data you need (e.g. Channellist).

Optionally, you could try to run an update. Connect via telnet (putty). Enter opkg update && opkg upgrade (maybe it's still ipkg for your image). But not sure whether there is an update available. Maybe, opkg --force-overwrite enigma2 works if no update is available.

Gruss
    Dre

• Something seems to be wrong with a renderer (that's why so many screens crash). That's why it's best to flash the box with a new image.

Gruss
    Dre

• Ok Dre, sorting that out now. Ive also managed to connect Dreambox Control Centre (DCC), albeit the DB is by my PC, but thats a start.

Thanks

Martin

• I have sorted out the problem. I took Dres's advice, irrespective of the crash log, and flashed a new image, via a bootloader, and Mozilla Firefox 3. why 3? Because the others wont allow you to so it - dont ask me why! I( this info was given to me otherwise Id still be working it all out)