DM7025 crashes without reason

• Hi,

I have a problem with my 7025.
    It was all fine until a week ago.

Now with the latest cvs image but also older images, th ebox boots normal, then i have tv for about a minute or 5 till 10 then the box just reboots.
    On the LCD is then dream multimedia visible and the booting /vmlinux.gz line.
    That line keeps repeating itself for a minute or 2 and then the box boots up again.

Is this a faulty box now ? or is the something with the loader ?
    Is this a know issue or just a faulty box that needs to go back to shop ?

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

• do you use some kind of 3rd party software, like multi-boot loader or something like this? Or just with the original image without any 3rd party software ?? you definitly should try it with an original image without installing anything else. Just to make sure it's not caused by a bad 3rd party apllication ... and probably not use any backups from your settings ... just install the latest image and nothing else and then try it ...

BTW: It sounds like a software problem and not like a hardware problem ... but not sure. temperatures ok? not too hot?

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• I had a own cvs build image without anything in it, running for days without problems..All of a sudden, the box just restarted..Can happen I thought but after a while it happend again..This time the box hanged in the bootloader stage.
    /flash/vmlinux.gz line keeps comming back. (or something like linux.gz)
    this was loader 45

after 2 minutes or so the box boot finally further.
    Then after 10 minutes of tv (same channel) boom..the box does is again.
    I reflashed with the same firmware, and same problem.
    Then I went back to older firmware, same issues..The wizard when the box boots for the first time does not come..The box stays in /flash/vmlinux.gz line and won't go further anymore.

I flashed the 20062904 image from the DMM site, and then the box booted again..Wizard came up, scanned channels and watched some tv then the box went without any reason again in the same loop.
    this was loader 44

I brought it to my reseller back, and he will sent it to the importer to get it fixed / diagnosed.

Just like that this started to happen..very weird..

NO HDD, NO CF in use..
    just tuner A : 12 lnb's multidisecq tuner B: motorized dish disecq 1.2

:smiling_face: Building your own images is a nice hobby..You can learn alot :smiling_face:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MikeV ()

• Well my 7025 was send to DM and the mainboard was fine, it turned out to be the powersupply.
    That was replaced and all was and is still fine..