My wishlist for Enigma2 / dm7025

• Box type: dm7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): enigma2
    Firmware version: latest dreamville (2006-06-22)

I've now had the dm7025 for a few days, and here are the biggest gripes I've run into so far. It would be great if a developer could comment if they're already in TODO and how soon we can expect to see them or if they are already there and I just couldn't find them :smiling_face: Anyway, the list:

1. DVB subtitles:
    I've tried some teletext plugins, but unfortunately not all channels use teletext subtitling and the plugins dont always work. Proper DVB subtitling support would be extremely appreciated! And to be honest, I really expected dreambox would support them.. I guess I should've googled more before buying. If needed, I can provide developers with recordings which should have DVB subtitles in them.

2. EPG language selection:
    In finland some channels send the EPG in two languages (finnish and swedish), and dreambox is showing the swedish version. I googled up some cvs changelogs, and apparently there already is code in enigma2 to select in which language the EPG information is shown, but it seems it cannot be changed anywhere yet?

Actually, those are the only real problems I've found this far. This one is a less important feature (for me personally), but it would be nice to seem it too at some point:

- Simple editing of recordings:
    I'd like to be able to do *very* simple editing with recordings, mainly cutting away commercials and the extra buffer in the beginning and at the end of recording. Seems like almost all other digital receivers support this, and again this was a feature I was almost sure dreambox already had.

And then some general questions, is there somekind of quick documentation of enigma2 for developers, which would briefly tell how enigma works "internally"? For example what enigma does when it starts, what thread handles what functions and so on. Or is the only documentation the sources itself? :smiling_face:

At the moment I'm interested in how enigma handles kill signals, and if it would be possible for enigma to read its config files when it receives HUP signal, and write configs (and timers.xml) to files when it receives some other signal. Now it seems that the only way to save timers to file is to shutdown or reboot the box. If enigma would read its timers.xml file again on kill -HUP, it would be easy to edit timers via commandline (and it would make webinterface plugins a lot userfriendlier too).

-matti

• With Buffer you mean, that the dreambox begins to record 2 minutes before the time you entered for example? Then this is implemented for a long time :winking_face:

There's also a cutlist editor where you can set marks, which will be used when playing the files on the dreambox. It doesn't really change the videofiles though, as that'd take too long i guess

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dcdead ()

• Zitat

There's also a cutlist editor where you can set marks, which will be used when playing the files on the dreambox. It doesn't really change the videofiles though, as that'd take too long i guess

How about only shorting the file from the end. So that you could say: Delete everything from this point on.

This should not take long, as only the end of the file is discarded. And would free a lot of space if you recorded 15 minutes extra on each show to make sure you get the end...