Could the DM500 work with Outernet

• I'm wondering if the DM500 could be used with the Outernet stuff that is currently being tested? Considering people have used DM500's as a card sharing server, I guess it could be used as something to connect to Outernet..

Theoretically speaking, The receiver should be able to pick up the data signals from Outernet sats, I was hoping to be able to use the dreambox as a bridge between the data DBS signal and a wireless router.. I know nothing about programming or linux, but it seems like it could be possible.

• Actually I didn't really get what you mean with 'outernet'. I googled it and it just seems to be just another buzzword for mobile internet connections. But that's not really what you're talking about is it? Please clearify your post a little :winking_face:

• Actually I didn't really get what you mean with 'outernet'. I googled it and it just seems to be just another buzzword for mobile internet connections. But that's not really what you're talking about is it? Please clearify your post a little :winking_face:

Thanks for the reply.

The company's name is outernet, I didn't know if putting a link would be allowed so I didn't, their website is outernet.is, they are supposed to be creating a free "Internet" via satellite's, I'm not 100% sure if its a 2 way, or just a one way broadcast, I was wanting to test it.

• Thanks for the reply.

The company's name is outernet, I didn't know if putting a link would be allowed so I didn't, their website is outernet.is, they are supposed to be creating a free "Internet" via satellite's, I'm not 100% sure if its a 2 way, or just a one way broadcast, I was wanting to test it.

Why don't you just read their page?

Zitat

The data packets are broadcast in loops so that poor signal quality does not prevent continuous updating of content.
    Outernet is not Wi-Fi from space, it is an information broadcast service.

• I have read their pages about it, I was thinking it was a one way signal, which is obviously why its not true internet.. Still want to test it tho. The part I dont understand is their setup (aside from the dish/LNB), I know nothing about what they are using to send the data to the PC.. I read that you can Network the Dreambox 500 and a PC so, naturally one would think you could send the data coming from the sat to the PC. Without having a PC DBS Tuner directly