DMM drivers for boxes

• 1) why dmm's drivers limiting bootlogo size ? When is picture bigger (with better quality), then missing picture bottom on screen and there is then black row only.

2) Similar problem is with kernel size - when is kernel bigger than some "magic limit", then box does not boot.

EDIT: excuse, problem was not on dmm side...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ims ()

• showiframe.c is available for your changes ...

And there is no real problem with kernel size either as people tell you.

• showiframe has a size limit in the way it reads and writes the mpeg frame, and already 4-5 years ago I posted a small change which allowed even to show a second of mpeg2 movie (rotating moon bootlogo if i remember right), so I'm also pretty sure that it is NOT nonsense.

If instead of checking the code as I adviced you prefere to blame DMM drivers then this is just a kind of ignorance which I can easily miorror by not replying any further on this topic.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Ok, when is problem there in showiframe.c, why on all non dmm's boxes with same showiframe is bootlogo ok and on dmm boxes is with this same showiframe this same bootlogo at bottom cutted ?

• You already ruinied your chance - but maybe because simply some boxes show bootlogo.jpg and some boxes show bootlogo.mvi And you only blamed 'DMM drivers' without knowing what you are talking about or giving usefull infos like what box, what size,... So you just got an answer in equal quality ...

And you didn't understand what bootlogo.elf does either.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• DM800SE , .mvi logo. You can download here . Same .mvi logo tried on non dmm boxes with same E2 and works well. Due dmm boxes is reduced size and quality, but still is not whole displayed.

• I already told you that you ruined you chance - now help yourself, you got all the necessary informations already.

• When you want not help, why writing ?! I think, I wrote all info. Tried showiframe with this .mvi on several boxes and only on my DM800se it is bottom cropped.

• I already gave you all the needed informations - but I start to repeate myself ...

And you/they are not even understanding that they caused the kernel problem thelmselves so why should we help them cleaning up their mess?

• Then edit your first post - because there is no shame for DMM if people are cheating in their problem analysis to cover their lack of interest to clean up their own mess.

For example PLi team was delivering pretty old drivers in their images with lots of already fixed bugs for more then 9 months and blamed DMM all the time for the bad quality of their drivers and that users should ask DMM to fix it. I had to loose my temper and produce a Plugin to proove them wrong, that their image runs nicely with latest drivers and ubifs filesystem too. And only after these facts where on the table they updated the obvious.

This is not what I call fair play, and the same applies in this cases. If they don't understand what they are doing or are not willing to do a proper job on Dreamboxes then they should at least stop blaming others.

Now they have an new story called memory deframentation in DMM's drivers, I will better not comment on this.

I'm simply tired to listen to such stories which try to make their preffered boxes look better then they are.

Or their favourite story "why does DMM not use the latest kernel versions". Maybe ask them back why Debian, one of the most stable distrubutions in the Linux area also uses 3.2 kernel and has no missing drivers or unctionality ?

Anyway I said I will not post anymore in this thread and I should stop breaking my promise - but you try hard to make me loose my temper ... again.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• But they still don't even known how they messed up the kernel :grinning_squinting_face: