Can I connect external USB to DM500HD?

• Hi all. I have had a DM800 previously, and I had an internal HDD in this for the epg / pvr etc. That unit does no longer work and I have had to downgrade to a DM500HD unit which does not support internal HDD as far as I know.

My question is, I have a 2TB external USB drive enclosure and I was wondering if there were any adapters or any way I could use this drive with the DM500 eSata connection? Ideally I don't want to have to buy a new hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I don't know of any USB->eSata Adapter, but you might put your external drive in a new eSata-capable enclosure.

Alternatively you can, by loosing your warranty, perform the USB mod that can be found on several shops and forums. But of course this would happen on your own risk.

Another chance would be buying a 800se :face_with_tongue:

so long
    m0rphU

• I have bought an external enclosure, with eSATA connection. I connect the drive to the DM500 and it detects it. However, when I try to initialise the disk, it fails after about 40 seconds or so with error 'unable to mount'. Any ideas as to how I may resolve this?

Also, which is the most stable image to use for an DM500HD please? There are so many out there its difficult to know which one is best.