bzip2 Problems

• Hello !

Since I upgraded to latest Dreamville the bzip2 ipk that I use for multiboot doesn't install anymore (libgcc dependencies cann't be satisfied).

So it looks like I need a newer bzip2 ipkg file ?

Any idea if this is already available or how I can get it (ipkg install
    doesn't offer bzipt yet) ?

Can somebody re-compile it an post as reply ?

Regards
    thowi

Hallo !

Seit dem Upgrade auf das letzte Dreamville der bzip2 ipkg kit den ich für multiboot verwende installiert nicht mehr ((libgcc dependencies cann't be satisfied).

Es sieht also so aus als wenn ich ein neuers bzip2 ipkg file bräuchte ?

Irgendwelche Ideen wie ich dazu kommen (mit ipkg install wird noch kein bzip2 angeboten)

Kann es jemand neu kompilieren und als reply posten ?

Gruss
    thowi

• Thanks a lot !

PS: Version 4.0 of multiboot will come out today as BETA, it now includes also the python code for copying nfi images that you posted for me. It uses the Flash /dev/mtdblock/3 device for unpacking
    the nfi image (instead of loading mtdblockdevice support to the kernel
    and do it in a file)
    So far it seems to work nicely on my box, but hopefully the bad block problems that you reported will not be experienced by the testers (I included warnings, but you never know) - but I leave the /dev/mtdblock/1&2 devices alone to lower the risk :winking_face:

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• I know that it is more elegant, but I don't have the possibility to compile it and the python code simply runs for a dumb shell scripter :winking_face:

I actually only use the nfi_extract routine that you wrote to steal/extract from the nfi image the content to the /dev/mtdblock/3 device directly, and from there multiboot can copy around as usually with tar commands to wherever it should go.

Ciao
    thowi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()

• Zitat

Original von noggie
    tmbinc's extract routine is also in python, and it's more elegant than mine :smiling_face:

Yes, but it needs the dump utility compiled first (remember I don't have an image development environment, I'm just a dumb shell scripter
    and definitely NOT a python fan) and yours was simply python only.

But somebody compiled it for me yesterday, so maybe next weekend I'll include it in multiboot 4.1 if it works as expected :winking_face:

PS: 4.0 of multiboot is now out still using you tool and flash for unpacking the nfi images

ThanX
    thowi

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von thowi ()