What video formats dm7020hd can play?

• Hello friends in each place gathering different information, so I decided to ask directly to the forum Dreambox!

What formats of video and audio can touch the dm7020hd?

1- Video:. mkv only?
    2 - Audio: ac3 alone? and the DTS?
    3- Legend:. Srt?

4- Plays 3D movies?

• 1) all MPEG2, h.264/x264 and DivX/xVid Formats. So mkv, avi, mp4, m4v,... The box's native container is .ts

2) Officially it only has an AC3 license, but there are Plugins out there for DTS-Downmix. If you own a A/V receiver theres no problem at all, as passthrough is possible by stock.

3) srt-subtitles in UTF-8 format work for mkv

4) only Side-by-Side or Top-Bottom (but no left-right mkv or 3D BluRay). With 3d-settings plugin the OSD can be switched to SBS or TB Mode.

But at the moment there are still problems on some containers. If you want a real media player, consider on buying one and not a satellite receiver :winking_face:

so long
    m0rphU

• Could you direct me to where I think a good plugin to perform DTS DOWNMIX? I have no idea where I can find to download or indication of where to find ...
    It can be a private message.

• AVI is only a container. Depending on it's content (mostly DivX/XviD for in-the-wild files), the Dreambox can play it. E.g. XviD files that have been encoded with Qpel will not work.
    For detailed information on which encoding levels work, check the datasheet of the SoC.

MP3s work as well.