ERROR DM8000 LCD Panel

• Hi, I purchased my dreambox 8000 HD pvr just 2 days back. I was trying different images. Recently I tried the

Gemini 5.1. Once It finished, I reboot the box manually but suddenly it was going to STOP

automatically

. I tried other images but when i click on flash it wont go. So i figure the problem was with my browser. I changed from Firefox to opera and then the button flash was working. Then i tried to flash

dreambox-image-dm8000-20120523.nfi but I got a long message of bad sector. I turned off the box and again turn on but suddenly big ERROR shows at the LCD screen panel and I can't log in to the box again with any way I know. Please help me solve this problem. I couldn't enjoy the device yet.

• Now you have to flash via DreamUP and a serial connection.
    The correct way would have been, to flash a new bootloader (aka. second stage loader
    aka. SSL) FIRST and THEN to flash the latest image. This is mentioned in nearly ALL forums and
    it is not the best idea to ignore this.
    You did and so you need to use DreamUP via serial connection. Enable "recover bad sectors"
    when using DreamUP.
    Take the latest release of DreamUP from DMM.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• Now you have to flash via DreamUP and a serial connection.
    The correct way would have been, to flash a new bootloader (aka. second stage loader
    aka. SSL) FIRST and THEN to flash the latest image. This is mentioned in nearly ALL forums and
    it is not the best idea to ignore this.

That is not true for the DM8000, so he didn't ignore anything. :winking_face:

But nevertheless he has to flash now via Dreamup with bad sector recovery, this may help but maybe his flash is damaged.

• Thanks for your promoted response. Honestly I am totally new to this, I really do not know what (aka , second stage loader aka ,ssl ) means. I really appreciate it if you could assist me understand more and how to get these files. In the other hand can I use dream up to flash the latest image (dreambox-image-dm8000-20120523.nfi / OoZooN-Image-dm8000-3.2.2.nfi) or should I do the way you said (
    (aka. second stage loader aka. SSL) FIRST and THEN to flash the latest image)

• if you use dreamup, you can flash every image directly. it's not necessary to flash a standalone ssl first.

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter