DVD-Burn plugin to burn BDMV (BluRay) on DM8000 (almost solved)

• Hi all.
    I thought, ok let's give it a try.
    Burning to BluRay format with HD recording.
    I don't have a BluRay writer slim drive, but a DVD-writer slim drive(Sony Optiarc AD-7670S).
    But i thought, let's give it a try.
    I use uptodate OE2.0.0. Insert DVD+R in intern DVD slim writer. I start DVD-burn plugin.
    Select MtvHD recording (360-sessions-David Guetta) 24 minutes, 1955MB (so it fits on a 4.7GB DVD5)
    Then i get a nice message that DVD standard doesn't support H.264 (HDTV) video streams, and i get the option to choose BDMV(HDTV titles only).
    Then i see required medium type: BLUDISC RECORDABLE, and the free space left of a single layer bluray.

(Remember i use a DVD-R drive with empty 4.7 DVD-RW disc)

Then i press menu > settings:
    Authoring mode= BDMV
    Output= Burn to medium
    then i press green button/ok.
    Then again menu > Burn to medium.

And then i get a error popup: "Error: A required tool (bdremux) was not found".
    And so not possible to burn.

Question is: Is this because i don't have a BluRay slim sata writer build in DM8000 ?
    Or is the bdremux tool not added, and if so, how can we added it?
    If someone has a BluRay writer attached to their Dreambox, can you give the DVD-Burn plugin a try with same settings on OpenDreambox 2.0.0 image?
    I want to know if DVD-Burn plugin with BDMV burning works, before i spend money on a BD-R slim slot in drive.

Are all hardware BD writer slim drives supported?
    Like -Sony Optiarc BD-5730S -Sony Optiarc BD-5850H -LG GBW-B10N -Pioneer BR-TD01 TD01HA -Matshita UJ-220 220S and so on. or are only some specific BD writer slim sata models supported?

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• I saw this in a update of OpenDreambox 2.0.0 for DM8000 (i use telnet session to update)

Upgrading enigma2-plugin-extensions-dvdburn on root from 3.999git20120509-r2.0 to 3.999git20120515-r3.1...
    Downloading http://dreamboxupdate.com/open…0120515-r3.1_mips32el.ipk.
    Installing bdremux (git+git5+6b68707-r1) to root...
    Downloading http://dreamboxupdate.com/open…5+6b68707-r1_mips32el.ipk.

Thank you Dream Multimedia :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

I ordered yesterday a "SONY BD-5750H" to replace the "Sony AD-7670S". (anyone interested in the AD-7670S slim slot-in DVD burner?)

• Since we got bdremux now in update, i try it again.

Same as in first posting, so with DVD-R drive, but HD recording fits on the DVD.

Now i get another error message:
    Error: Remultiplex Movie (mpegtsmux not found! please install gst-plugin-mpegtsmux!) (solved, see below)

If i try to fix it the simple telnet way, i install these 2 packages (i get the names from error messages and searching in packages list :frowning_face:

Code
    opkg install gst-plugins-bad-mpegtsmux
    opkg install gst-plugins-bad-videoparsersbad

(why the "bad" in plugin names?)
    Now i don't get a error message, and just started the burn to medium proces as BDMV. Busy with remultiplex movie.
    I'm happy with the button "Continue in background" Then i can continue watching TV, and see what's on DVD in BDMV format tomorrow :grinning_squinting_face:

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• When is this BDMV function of the DVDburn plugin working?
    I understand it's difficult, but it takes so long now.The presentation of more then a year ago had a working version.
    What's the issue why it's still not working?

Or is it just impossible on the hardware, if so then just say so, and don't add things that will never work.

• I did use the BDMV burning in DVDburn.
    It works. But....
    ...It only does the first 17 seconds of the HD recording. I did press the blue button to work in background and exit the dvdburn plugin.
    No crashlog. In DVDburn i do see a waiting DVD burn job 0%.

So what to do to make it work properly.

• Since dreambox-image-dm8000-20130907.nfi :
    When I look in bluepanel > information > process
    Then i see that bdremux is "sleeping"
    See attachment for screenshot of bluepanel info/process/bdremux
    When i play the recorded bluray disc with the player, i only have the first 73 seconds (1:13) with plopping sound.

How to solve this so that w got a working BDMV burning process.

• Fraxinas
    I have just installed a blu disc player it shows up on the menu as:
    BDDVDW SN 506 BB
    But the mastering is not working!
    Now my maybe stupid question:
    I have a beta box, where the old DVD recorder was connected with a adapter to the USB port on the main board,
    is this still OK for the blu disk recorder, or should I change it to the second sata port!
    Best

• if it doesn't show an error during the burning process itself, then the usb adaptor is fine for the bluray drive!
    i suspect a problem during the conversion processs from dvb mpeg transport stream to bluray m2ts format

• i don't know blue panel
    maybe in rare cases, due to reception problems, the recording may contain errors. if you want you can upload your recording or part of it somewhere and i'll take a look.

Bluepanel is just a added on to your Original Opendreambox oe2.0.X image. (Geminiplugin 3.2 from IHAD)

Issue is that the bdremux is waiting (in sleep). Recording itself has no errors (because this sleeping occurs here with all HD recordings that i want to use for burning to BDMV).

If i burn as DVD (data disc) then it all works ok, and also the burning proces. So hardware seems to be ok.

I guess issue is bluray disc remux related.

• @copyleft

It seems you have the same problem as I have!
    Best

True... But we also know we use a beta image, so that's why i give feedback here, so that DMM devs can work on it. :thumbs_up:
    (only weird thing is, at the demo of dm8000 with DVDburn and BDMV support it all seems to work ok, and now more then a year later it's still not working)

• please upload a recording (.ts) file somewhere for me to test the bdremux process with
    maybe it's a problem with the specific transponder

Ok, I uploaded about 423MB of HD recording here (click, select agree and then download) , it's a first part of the .ts file.
    Remember that this is not the only recording that has issues with bdremux that seems to go sleeping.

Let me know when you downloaded it, because then i remove the .ts file.

• i took a look and it seems there is a bug in the gstreamer framework which causes this (and probably similar streams from the same provider) to not be remuxed. i am going to investigate. may i request that you leave the file there for another little bit? thanks a lot

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Fraxinas ()

• it turns out that there is a timestamp discontinuity at the beginning of your sample file. since this is probably a common situation, i've added a workaround to make the bdremux process more robust.
    would you like to try it the updated version and give me feedback whether it works for you in this and other cases?
    please copy over the archive to your box and decompress using the telnet command

Code
    tar -xvzf bdremux.tgz -C /usr/bin/

(or decompress on your PC and overwrite the /usr/bin/bdremux file on your box)

you don't need to restart your box or enigma2, just re-run the bdmv burning plugin again and see what happens
    thanks for reporting this issue!

• Timestamp discontinuity sounds logical, because after a recording most users remove the stuff before the movie and after the movie. (or in a recording advertisement blocks).

I'm at work now, when i'm at home i'll give it a try, thanks for the fast reply :thumbs_up:
    Update1: went home, just to overwrite bdremux, and start bdmv burning on BD-RW disc. I select continue in background and exit dvdburn plugin. DM8000 cannot set to standby. So i suppose bdremux continue working.
    I continue my work and see later when i get home what happened.(how process continues and burn to bluray disc)

Update2: Issue that i have now is. I cannot see tv.
    DVI-D output (hdmi) on DM8000 is only working if device on other side of cable(hdmi) is switch on first, and then dm8000. (this is since the beginning of oe2.0)
    Now dm8000 is still on because of bdremux process, but i switch amp/tv off, now when i switch amp/tv on their is no signal on dm dvi-d output, becasue the dm8000 cannot switch standby/on, probably because of bdremux process.
    I try to view dm8000 by webinterface, but that doesn't connect.
    I try to control dm8000 with telnet, but also no connection.
    I don't want to hard restart the dm8000, because then i'm sure i interrupt the bdremux proces. So i just wait, and see when the dm8000 reacts on front power button press (to go in standby, and then press again to get on so that i have working dvi-d video output)

about 2 minutes after touching powerbutton (or remote button for bouquets) i get a working dvi-d videosignal. Seems that the dm8000 is getting very slow on responding.
    At the moment i only see the animation in left upper corner of the spinning gear. it animates a few seconds, stops a few seconds animates again a few seconds, and so on.
    2 minutes later i suddenly have working tv. still with the spinning gears in left upper corner. Dm8000 is very slow on commands, even countdown of a message is jammed, LOL.
    Webinterface works, but the browser was waiting for a connection for about 4 minutes, and only for showing the login popup(username/password). (something that normally takes 1/4 th of a second)
    I just let the dm8000 continue this way, maybe it's really busy with bdremux process :grinning_squinting_face:

9 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()