Dreambox 7025 : not very happy with it..

• Please provide some information about the hard- and software used.

Box type: DM 7025
    GUI (enigma1/enigma2): Enigma 2
    Firmware version: What's available

your question

Hello,
    A few weeks ago i joined the family of the dreambox users. Before i was using an nokia 9500 and a Philips dst 5816. On paper the specifications for the 7025 were interesting, so i bought one with an seagate hard disk of 80 mb, a Trex cam and a dmm keyboard.
    Fo the moment, the main feature that put my choice on this box in not working : It can not record a channel while looking to an other. It don't work with the trex cam, where only one is decoded, neither with one off the softcams arround, where heve a lot of lost in the recorded and looked channel. Maybe it works with fta channels, in that case it should be mentionned clearly in the documentation.
    An other major problem is the fact that i'm unable to use my C band antenna in a normal way. When i use disceq ABCD only the ku antennas are driven. For my C band antenna i need to mesh around in setup (expert) and then its only valid for those channels, if i want to go back to watch an ku band, i have to do the hole thing again.
    BTW, when doing a manual scan why not selection the lnb instead of the satellite ?
    Zapping in the timer is not working either.
    When getting acces to the ci cam, reciever hangs. This has been improved in the last version i tried (boxman 27-05-2006) but its still there.
    No support for the keyboard, it will come i assume ?
    Hope the team is already working to resolve those major missings

• my shell plugin now contains a manager for keymaps.xml and some example keymaps which give you better USB Keyboard support, neutrino style zapping, control of enigma with keyboard,..

So users are working on the keyboard issue, but this is a small community of keyboard users but there is progress ...

PS: and the T-Rex cam starts to work with other images too, but you will not find these here in this board.

thowi