Dreambox 500S wont turn on

• Yesterday i put [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] on my brand new dreambox 500s, i wake up today and the dreambox is turned off, I tried reflasahing , different power supply and it just won't turn on, the lights in the front of it don't even turn on, help please?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• I don't exactly know when the 500plus came out, but it must have been around mid 2008.

NO internet dealer will have a genuine dreambox 500s anymore, now that production stopped over 3 years ago...

mac adress is NO proof for a genuine dreambox (as you can see in this discussion)

Check the linked pictures and you will see, that you HAVE a clone...

• Just as a matter of interest I also bought a 500s, I had no idea it was a clone as I am new to this set up, does this mean anyone who has been sold a clone knowingly or otherwise will not receive any sort of help and support from the forum.

Thanks SaGGy

• Are you serious? This forum is hosted by the manufacturerer of the dreamboxes. They experience financial losses because of these illegal copys and you are seriously asking them for support?
    Also here in Germany these copies are illegal! If German authorities would see you buying something like this you could get a bad penalty. For the seller it's even worse...

Try the same with Adidas, Dolce & Gabana, or any other brand that is copied (sadly nearly every company has this problem in these days :frowning_face: ). You're lucky if you won't get any charge or anything.

so long
    m0rphU

• Are you serious? This forum is hosted by the manufacturerer of the dreamboxes. They experience financial losses because of these illegal copys and you are seriously asking them for support?
    Also here in Germany these copies are illegal! If German authorities would see you buying something like this you could get a bad penalty. For the seller it's even worse...

Try the same with Adidas, Dolce & Gabana, or any other brand that is copied (sadly nearly every company has this problem in these days :frowning_face: ). You're lucky if you won't get any charge or anything.

Yes I am serious, I bought in good faith I had no idea I bought a fake, and as for illeagle are you being serious, 99% of users us the box to obtain channels.

I am not in Germany, I have found out in the UK it is neither illeagle to sell buy or own one of these boxs, so on the face of it how is the buyer supposed to know without being able to open up and test, yes I can see Currys or any other retailer letting you open up a £100 telly in store to check it is not a clone.

And on another note, perhaps if a bit more support was shown to the ones that are dupted instead or your sort of reply, we would be forewarnd and next time make sure we buy a proper box and not a clone, if everyone is like you I would be more inclined to move to openbox as i hear they are not so jugemental.

So could I please have a reply from a member of staff on this issue please..if the reply is the same as above, fair enough I will move on...

All that said, I have no wish to belittle the site owners or manufacturers of the legit product, neither to I agree or condon clone machines, however i am not in a position to simply bin my box and but another one, now if their is another way round this I am happy to abide by a resolution.

Cheers SaGGy

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von SaGGy141 ()