Nightmare Box 7020-S not working, thinking about setting it on fire, and paying for DTV, or Dish, English only please!!

• I purchased a DreambBox 7020-S from a seller on E-bay and have had nothing but trouble to the point that I now refer to all DreamBox's as Nightmare Box's. This thing is nothing but a pain in the A$$! When I got it, I set it up like I had read to, I slid out my working Direct TV box, and slid in the DB, and all I could pick up were the Direct TV free set up channels, this is how to adjust your dish that type of crap. My Dish is on a motor, with 3 LNB's, so I have a 4 way switch, like I said it all worked before. So I left to go to a Easter thing with the family it was doing a scan for Sat's, when I came home it had Space invaders on the LCD screen and would not let me get out of it, nothing I did would let me out of it, so I purchased as Null modem cable and found a old desktop running XP since my laptop is newer and has Vista on it, no Hyper-terminal. Anyway so I Flashed the box with the image from this site the one recommended for the 7020-S and now I have no Video no Audio nothing is working, and inside the box I have 2 green lights and a flashing red one. If I leave the LNB cable off the back of the unit the red light stays off, but I still do not get any video, I can get to the flash screen via the web but I can not check anything else to see if it is a driver issue or anything else.

I have tried flashing it with 3 other images and they are all doing the same thing, that is no Video, no audio, it is as if the box is not even on or connected to the TV screen. What can I do to fix this? Is there a service center here in the USA that I can send it in to and just have it fixed. I don't think that it is an issue with the Dish, I can put the Direct TV receiver back in place and it works just fine. The seller on E-bay is of no use, as far as he is concerned it is not his issue, I would like to get this to work, but I am not going to spend the next 6 months messing with it. I have seen replacement tuners for around $45.00 is it worth installing one, or is it time to just trash the thing :pouting_face: write it off, and pay the satellite company the money and give up?

I would like any help that you can give I am not getting any place and it is frustrating me! I spent way to much money on this, and I am not happy with what I got in return. I bought this in an attempt to save money not spend more and more on it. It has a Philips tuner in it , and is probably the original one that it came out with from the factory. I tried removing the motor and the switch and just connecting to 1 LNB, and still nothing at all, so any ideas, other then fire and buying a clone from China? Are the Tuners modular inside the shielding or are they solder in and hard to change out? Sorry to be all over the place but very angry and trying to get this solved. MJ

• how you have connected motor and 3 LNBs ?

btw, go to [Moderator] Link is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator], there is good wiki about flashing , setting etc ... in english.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• I have a single cable from the back of the box to a switch then from it I have the "A" terminal to the Motor and LNB 1, then Switch "B" terminal to LNB 2, and then Switch "C" to LNB 3.

I have tried it with and without the "A" terminal on the switch going to the motor then the LNB on the dish, it does not seen to make any difference in how it works. I thought that it could be a issue with the motor so I connected up the Direct TV box, and was able to manually move and adjust the motor using the buttons on the motor controller, and threw the Direct TV programing too. It has to be an issue with the DreamBox and the flashing, either the software is not loading something in the correct file or something is damaged, I have tried 2 more images and still getting the same flashing lights, and no connection to the TV. There is no way to erase the Flash to do a clean install on the 7020-S, so all you can do is keep loading over top of what is already there, I am starting to wander if something is bad and it is repeating over and over. All I am sure of is this is turning into a nightmare and I have spent more money than what 3 months worth of Direct TV would of cost me so far and it is still not working, and Dreambox TV has offered to have me RMA it so they can look at it and repair it, but I am not sure what that is going to cost, or if it is even worth the shipping to send it to Germany to have it fixed. MJ

• When is 7020 flashed, it is clear instalation always. Try go to forum, as I wrote. There is some members of team of USA. There you can try theirs image too. And there is gooooood support on forum. We can meet there too.

There can be so much problems in your connection, but my english is not good...

• First off thank you for your help it is very much appreciated, and I know that it is hard to do when dealing with persons of different languages, I do not want to appear to be rude or ungrateful in any way.

I have bypassed the switch and the Motor, and tried 3 different images all, with the same out come, that is it is still not working. I have even moved the box to a different TV to see if that could be a issue, and I am sad to say that it is not. I have used the Null modem cable and Dream up every time I have had to image the box, since it is the easiest way for me to do this, I have only 1 desktop computer with Hyper-terminal on it, and it has XP Pro, I made sure and ran both anti Viruses and Anti Spyware programs to make sure that it is clean, so I know that there is nothing interfering with the image installation. Some of the Images I have used are [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]. Nothing seams to be working, and the images are all from sites that seem to be reputable. I am still open to suggestions from anyone and thank you for all of your help. MJ

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Does anyone know where I can download just the Hardware Drivers, I think what is going on is that the Drivers for all of the hardware in the Box has been erased and needs to be replaced, and all of the Images that I have tried so far are either missing the drivers or are not the correct ones. When I opened up the images and looked at a few of they are missing the drives for the tuners, I am guessing that they assume that they are saved or built into the hardware layer HAL of the memory of the system, and mine seems to be missing. So where can I get them and how can I install them to the Box, I don't think it is the same as installing an image, this is the actual Driver for the Tuner, LNB, The Power regulators, and everything. IF you have any ideas please let me know but I am sure that I am on the correct track now, now if I can just find a way to fix it. And my German is not good enough to know if the drivers are listed on the site and I am just not seeing them. MJ

• Can you get to the factory reset option and try that :confused_face:
    That way it should allow you to get a basic setup going so you can check your tuner/hardware and then flash whatever image you prefer.

DM 8000 Beta Tester

• Zitat

Does anyone know where I can download just the Hardware Drivers, I think what is going on is that the Drivers for all of the hardware in the Box has been erased and needs to be replaced, and all of the Images that I have tried so far are either missing the drivers or are not the correct ones

Drivers and everything you need is always included in the image. they include drivers, operating system and all you need. So that can't be the problem ...

Zitat

I am guessing that they assume that they are saved or built into the hardware layer HAL of the memory of the system

no way ... like everything else they are stored in the flash memory. So flash the correct image/firmware for your box and you have everything you need.

#########
    Did you check already if you have a original dreambox from DMM and not a cheap china-clone ???

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• I was finally able to resolve the Image issue by doing the Hardware reset about 5 times. It had an Enigma2 Image stuck in the memory, I was able to remove it. I am now able to get to the Video and to web interface. I am still not able to connect to any Satellites using the satellite find tool. It will not lock or sync in. I have what my turn out to be a dumb question, but here goes, am I the one to put the check mark in the Synch and lock box or does the system do it, if I am the one to do that then how do I do it, I have tried to and I am not able to get to the box to be able to put a check in the box. I am able to find several Sat's and I am getting around 90-99% SNR 56% AGC and BER of 0%.

I can not find any information on how to get the system to lock on to a satellite or a transponder, and no way to put a check mark in the Lock or the SYNC box's is there something that I need to do in the setup so that I can make this finally lock on. I think once this is solves I will be able to use the system like it is supposed to be used. Thanks again for all of your help. MJ

• "lock" is automaticaly, when signal on transponder is ok. Strange, that AGC is 56% only ...

On my 95cm dish and 7020s i have SNR 87-96% and AGC about 90-92%.

May be, little bad fine tunning of dish ?

May be, in image is not true satellites.xml (not actual for your satelite ). Is not so much E1 images supported in this times... All working on E2. See to private message.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ims ()