DM 800 HD SE VS DM 8000 HD which is better for my use?!?!

• Welcome all DM masters,

First, just FYI I'm new to the subject so any explanations are greatly appreciated. What I'm trying to accomplish is as follow: connect either one DM to cable/air/satellite and stream aprox 4-7 channels "AT ONCE". Than those channels broadcast on "video server (if i need one)" embed them into website either by using media player/VLC and multi stream to clients.

Which DM will be the best pick for such as task?!!?- It doesn't have to be either one I mentioned in the subject line. I just guessed these were the best picks. Again, any suggestion, guides etc... are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
    B

• hmm, you want to use a dreambox as a videoserver that streams 4-7 TV Channels to multiple clients !?

I don't think the dreambox will be able to do it. The problems already start to tune 4-7 channels at the same time. You would need a box with multiple tuners and sat-connections for it, so the DM8000 would probably the only choice for you when you install 4 SAT Tuners there ... A single-tuner box like the DM800 will not be able to tune so many channels if they are not on the same transponder.

And what internet connection you have? Can it handle the massive bandwidth that will be needed to stream TV to multiple clients? You would need at least 10MBit of upload speed for one single client ...

I doubt your internet connection can handle it ... it would already be a problem if you stream it via LAN because the DM800 only has 100Mbit Network Adapter which is enough to stream 2, maybe 3 channels ...

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.