New DM800se and already 1st issue

• Hi
    I just got a new DM800se, I came with 3.0.1 release, everything works OK, Network OK
    I tried to flash it using web, but when I hold the power button, I dont get stop with ip, it shows dhcp ...
    I tried different cable, I've had DM800 for years and I know what I do
    so I tried to flash it with service port, it did work, but as you see in the pic, it says unable to ping the box, which means maybe there some kind of network problem at the boot
    so the transfer file to box is Ok at 75kb/s but now I'm stuck at this stage (box is fashing from its memory) and I don't know what should I do
    please I need your input here
    Thanks

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8403/dm800se.jpg]

• Serviceport / USB is fine, no need for network options then. simply disable network-options checkbox in dreamup. It should be fast enough via USB ServicePort

Flashing the image from memory then can take some time ... how long did you wait?

BTW: Make sure you don't have any other USB Devices connected, like a keyboard or whatever. Then I also have problems to flash my 800se for whatever reason.

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Thanks for the quick response
    It's been 1 hour that I'm waiting to see the flash OK, nothing yet, It's stuck on box is flashing from its memory, the transfer file took me 10 minutes, and so far 50 min for "box is flashing from its memory"
    when you say usb connected, you mean connected to the PC or to DM800se, I remember I had one usb plugged into dm800se, I just unplugged it
    What should I do now? is it safe to click on disconnect?

Serviceport / USB is fine, no need for network options then. simply disable network-options checkbox in dreamup. It should be fast enough via USB ServicePort

Flashing the image from memory then can take some time ... how long did you wait?

BTW: Make sure you don't have any other USB Devices connected, like a keyboard or whatever. Then I also have problems to flash my 800se for whatever reason.

• yeah disconnect, power off and try again ... without "use network" enabled in dreamup ...

And yes, disconnect all USB Devices from your dreambox during this time! PC doesnt matter, just dreambox!
    For sure the Service-Port usb can stay connected, just dont connect anything to the other 2 usb ports. Seems to be a problem/bug somehow currently. I also can't flash new firmware when I have usb devices connected ... worked on other boxes but not on my 800se, bug!

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• yeah disconnect, power off and try again ... without "use network" enabled in dreamup ...

And yes, disconnect all USB Devices during this time! For sure the Service-Port usb can stay connected, just dont connect anything to the other 2 usb ports. Seems to be a problem/bug somehow currently. I also can't flash new firmware when I have usb devices connected ... worked on other boxes but not on my 800se

Thanks
    I'll give it a shot

• I got it to work finally
    after being stuck with no web or usb upgrade, I decided to do software update, after rebooting I was able to get STOP and IP address and flash my DM800se
    but the trick again, when you decide to flash the DM800se unplug any connected usb devices, otherwise you wont get any ip address

Thanks Homey