Parental Control on 800 HD

• I have just receive a Dream Boz 800HD I bought on ebay so it is a used one.

I just realised that the Parenta Control Setting (e.g. list of protected channels, etc) is resetting everytime I remove the electrical power.

It means that it is enough to remove the plug to the power to reset it. :confused_face:

Not sure where the probelm is! Is there any "tampon" battery on the decoder to save cthe configuration?

Thanks for your help

• Qusetion: do you just unplug your pc as well? Or do you probably shut it down, to not loose data / settings?

Before unpluggin you need to use the menu to shutdown the box. Then all settings will be saved and not get lost the next time you do a harakiri "destroy my harddisk" plug remove.

• Before unpluggin you need to use the menu to shutdown the box. Then all settings will be saved and not get lost the next time you do a harakiri "destroy my harddisk" plug remove.

Qusetion: do you just unplug your pc as well? Or do you probably shut it down, to not loose data / settings?

Thanks for your nice advice.

unfortunately I live in a small town and black outs happen often.

By the way with the old 7020 all configurations remained after black outs and I still belive there should be a system to memorise them.

I'm considering to buy a UPS to protect the hardware but the problem of Parental Control (protect my setting) still remain

Ciao

• I'll try again: change your parental control settings.
    Then shutdown the box
    After that your settings ARE saved permanently and subsequent blackouts will not do any harm to your parental control anymore...

• I'll try again: change your parental control settings.
    Then shutdown the box
    After that your settings ARE saved permanently and subsequent blackouts will not do any harm to your parental control anymore...

I have tried but it doesn't work.

The system is able to "remember" the Parental Control key but not the list of channels and bouques I would like to protect.

Everytime I unplug the system the list of proteted channels is empty so all channels are visible.

Thanks again for any further support you will give me.