Dreambox 7025 does not boot, display is blanc

• Hi @ll,

I have the following problem, which started about 4 days ago. The box does not boot after it was put in Deep standby.

The display goes on, but there is no boot menu, nor is there the usual sound that the hard disk makes during the boot. The display remains then on, but only in blank, so nothing written in the display, and if you click on the power button it goes off, and if you click again on the power button the display goes on again, but that is the only thing it does. It still does not boot.

After removing it from power and waiting some time and switching it on and off several times on, it suddenly booted.

Today it started again with the same behaviour, after switching it on it only showed again the display only but no boot. After several switch on, switch off, using also the interrupt button at the back of the box, after about 10 minutes it showed the boot menu and the box booted.

So my question is now, what is wrong with the box?

Why does it not boot when switched on and only after several attempts, using the button at the back of the box it finally boots?

When I saw the problem 4 days ago, I thought maybe the software needed an update, so upgraded to the box to the latest firmware:

Enigma 2010-12-16-3.0

Image: Release 3.0.3 20q0-12-16

But still today I had the same problem back, so this is more a hardware problem.

What should I do?

[Update] The box is 4 years old now, was purchased in December 2006.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bally ()

• The power supply within the box is slowly dying.
    Your symptoms are typically for the 7025(+).
    Renew ALL elektrolytic capacitors or get a new internal power supply for your 7025.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• Yep, this morning same problem again.

I have called the Technical Support line of Dream Multimedia and they mention that I need the conversion kit powersupply 7025+ which costs 53 euros, but then you should know how to build it in correctly, or send them the box and then it costs 90 euros inclusive shipping it back to me. Takes about 10 days.

I will go for the last option as I prefer that skilled people work on the box as with my two left hands fixing it myself is no option.

I think that best time to ship it should be next year as now with the holiday season no one will work on it and then the 10 days will increase.

• I have the same problem. I replaced the PSU a couple of years ago, but as of now also the new one seems to be giving up. This is very disappointing. I bought the 7025 because of its two tuner capacity, and the 8000 is way too expensive as a replacement. The 800HD SE seems good enough, but since it has a one tuner configuration, that is not a priority solution. Any suggestions?

• Are you using a fan? If not, this may be the reason for the "next" PSU
    fading away.
    Especially when you have a harddisk installed as well.
    The "fade away" period is a matter of temperature and time. The longer
    the temperatures are exceeding a certain point, the earlier you experience
    the problem.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• Hi all,
    Newbie on this forum! I have to raise this thread again as I am experiencing the same problems as described above. The interesting end very enoying thing is that I about two years ago changed the PSU of my 7025! ... and now all comments above (and in other forums as well) indicate it is the PSU that has gone bust again!!!! 2nd time!!!!
    Pardon my "French" - but this product really seeems to be crap quality!!!
    When I compare the DB with my well used receiver from the 1970-ies - yes, almost 35 years old - no service, no broken parts, no problems... it has been running and running and running without any problem - I am extremely disappointed. What is it that they did 40 years ago that the technology can not do today?
    In addition, I am almost convinced that this time I will have to pay for the new PSU... no more valid guarantee?
    So saaaad.... but I really like the DB and the things I can do with it... but the quality?
    Cheers! :I

• Hmmm... I was hoping for a reply from Dream-Multimedia GmbH. But, maybe they are busy calculating their profits when selling new PSUs?

• Replace all the electrolyte capacitors of your PSU and the chance is high
    that you get a working PSU again.
    The replacement is not that difficult.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS

• Sure, that sounds like an easy thing to do...? There are several examples of people that have failed. One example is this thread: 7025 Full Schematic Diagram Besides, I'm not that good with the soldering iron and caps :frowning_face:
    I still don't understand why DMM does not take their full responsibility? They've produced an inferior product that only two years old starts failing - a second time!!!

• That is not the best example you choose, because the user waited until the
    complete failure of the PSU.
    But if you are afraid of doing this easy job (I did it myself and I am not a
    soldering guru), open a ticket at DMM and describe your situation (2 years
    since last replacement of PSU).
    Posting in a "user-helps-user" forum of DMM will not trigger a replacement.
    But ymmv.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS

• That has already been done. I am waiting their reply.
    If I'd try to replace the caps... which ones should I replace + what kind are they?
    Would you perhaps happen to have a schematic?

• I replaced these ones:
    C2 100uF 25V
    C5 47uF 25V
    C6 1uF 50V
    C23 47uF 25V
    C26 100uF 25V
    C27 220uF 25V
    C30 10uF 50V
    C31 10uF 50V
    C36 100uF 25V
    C38 1uF 50V

If you like, you can replace this two as well:
    C8 2200uF 16V
    C9 1000uF 16v

The "numbers" (e.g. "C2", "C38") are printed on the PCB itself.
    No need for schematics.
    Take ALL of these with >= 105 degree Celsius rating.
    I paid 8 Euro in a local electronic store for all of them.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS

• News from DMM!
    This is so disapointing! :frowning_face: Sure they'll fix it - but I have to pay all - A L L - costs!!!! :angry_face:
    DMM even states "this is not a common fault" :confused_face:
    But when one is looking around this and several other forums a broken PSU on the 7025 seems to me to be a rather common failure!

I am seriously considering to let go of my box and find another brand that has higher quality.
    Can anyone suggest boxes of good and long lasting quality with good features and flexibility for different plugins and files? Would be much appreciated.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Stockholm ()