DM500HD and Diseqc 1.2

• Hi

I have just upgraded to an HD TV, and replaced my DM7000 with a DM 500HD. I have the same steerable dish and LNB.

I am having trouble setting up the satellite positions, and keeping them, with the new layout of menus. I am using the Advanced tuner settings, and I have found how to select Diseqc 1.2 without USALS. I can locate the satellites at 28.2E, 19.2E, 13.0E using Search East/Search West, and scan for the channels on them.

But I have problems with maintaining the settings. This morning I re-scanned for 'free services only' on 1.92E, and all the satellite positions have been lost. When I zap to a station, or use 'goto stored position' the dish moves, but not to the correct place.

The three satellites above can have default channel information loaded by a wizard on start-up. But I am not sure what I need to do to get the channels on 5.0W (French FTA is what I want). I have tried stepping with a manual transponder set up (France 2 details from Lyngsat), but I only see about 1 or 2 db SNR, not the 10 -15 I see from 28.2E, 19.2E. Do I need to load the transponder details for this satellite using DreamBoxEdit or some such ?

Are there any useful sites which can help me get though this change, which is proving harder than I expected.

Thanks

John

John Robinson, York, England.

• i have the dm500HD and i use the diseqc 1.2 motor settings
    with a v-box and a 36v superjack motor on a chn master 1.2 dish
    and this is how i set my dm500hd for all the sats and channels i
    wanted to have and everything works first class

[first set you dish on the west sat you want to scan from west to east]

i use the same set up mate you sort it this way,

menu >ok set up> ok service searching>ok tuner configuration>ok

then useing left and right buttons set the tuner config mode to
    advanced
    scroll down and select the satellite you wish to set then
    scroll down
    to lnb click right and set to lnb 1 next down to diseqc mode
    click right
    and set on diseqc 1.2 next scroll down and zero the long/lat settings

now scroll down to the next part of the panel on [use usuals for this
    sat]
    click right and set to [no] then if like me you search the sats
    from west to east set this sat ie: hispasat 30w at number 1 in the
    stored possition then move back up the list

to satellite and click to change it to the next sat you want to scan
    then go back
    down and set usuals to off and change the sat number to 2

you do this for every sat you want to set and scan when all are set
    >click>ok
    and on the next panel zap back to service before tuner
    set up>click.ok and
    exit the panel on the next panel that opens go to
    manual scan then on the
    second line down type of scan click right and
    change to multisat then click
    right again to enable all the satellites you have set on the list. next just
    click.ok to scan the satellites. now you can sit back for a couple of hours if you've
    set quiet a number of sats from west to east

• Hello Benny/9

Thank you for taking the time to post such detailed instructions. I have followed them closely, and I am very pleased to report that I had a couple of days of operation of the DM500HD and the steerable dish without any problems (at least with this side of it). I have been moving freely between 28.2E, 19.2E, 5.0W. I have also re-booted and powered off the DM500HD, and it seems to be keeping the satellite positions fine.

I think the main difference between what I had been doing before, and your method, is that I did not set the lat/long to zero. I had assumed that these values were only used with USALS; I had set them to my location (York).

One other point which I maybe should have mentioned is that I have a Spaun box to power the dish - my old DM7000-S would crash if the dish moved with the higher voltage (Horiz ?) polarisation. This Spaun box provides power to the dish motor, while repeating the Diseqc commands up to the motor and passing the LNB signal back. In the the course of setting up following your instructions, I disconnected and then re-connected this Spaun box.

So, thanks again. I had been struggling for some time with this problem, now it seems very much better.

Best wishes

John

John Robinson, York, England.