Need help finding two german channels: MDR and ORF

• Hello

I have just got my first Dreambox 8000 HD with DVB-S2 tuner installed on Tuner-1. I have 4 lnb's and set up to search for the satelites:

lnb 1: Thor 1w
    lnb 2: Asrtra 19.2e
    lnb 3: Hotbird 13e
    lnb 4: Sirius 5e

After a channel search I find roughly 3450 channels of different kinds. However, I am not finding two uncoded TV channels: MDR and ORF. Channels I had before on my old digital tuner.

I tried to do a single transponder search on Astra 19.2e with certain stats set, but I always get 0 result. I guess I am doing it wrong somehow. I have very little - if any at all - knowledge about Dreambox and satelite tuner programming at all.

Could anyone please help me? I am running Peter Pan 1.3.2

Thank you!

• How are the average SNR and BER values of the channels on 19.2?

But you must know that a) ORF isn't German, it's Austrian :winking_face: and b) ORF is encrypted on Satellite and you need a smartcard that only Austrians who payed for it will get (but you should be able to receive it anyway, without a smartcard it will be found but shown black ;))

so long
    m0rphU

• How are the average SNR and BER values of the channels on 19.2?

But you must know that a) ORF isn't German, it's Austrian :winking_face: and b) ORF is encrypted on Satellite and you need a smartcard that only Austrians who payed for it will get (but you should be able to receive it anyway, without a smartcard it will be found but shown black ;))

Data:

All satelites/LNBs. (search criterias?)
    System: DVB-S
    Frequency: 11836
    Inversion: Auto
    Symbolrate: 27500
    Polarity: Horizontal
    FEC: Auto

Unique data per satelite:

Astra: 19.2e
    14.80 db
    SNR: 85% BER: 0

Hotbird 13.0e
    db is jumping (-2 to -8 db)
    SNR: -19%

Sirius
    11.46 db
    SNR: 65% BER: 0

Thor
    -4 db (jumping)
    SNR: -20% to 25%
    BER: 0
    Signal Not locked

We have received ORF uncoded lately, not sure why. Earlier I guess it was coded. Maybe they have changed something? Anyway, MDR is the important one.

And with risk of getting lynched here, for me all these channels (RTL, WDR, MDR etc etc) are "german" :face_with_tongue:

By the way, Astra was not this good quality yesterday! yesterday it was unlocked and all jumping!

• Hi!

That fact, that you mix Germany, Austria and Switzerland is a little bit annoying, but understandable if german is not your mother toungue. It's like Shaw said about England and America: Two countries separated by the same language. But to mention a boulevard channel like RTL in the same sentence as WDR and MDR is a faux pas. :frowning_face:

Anyway, there is a channel called OSR2 Europe, which shows news and ORF's own productions.

Position 19,2E,
    Frequency 12.692 GHz,
    Polarization horizontal,
    Symbol Rate 22.000,
    FEC 5/6.

You can get further informations about it from :http://kundendienst.orf.at/pro…gebote/orf2europe_esp.pdf

Greetings