DM8000 full hardware driver support.

• Hello Dream multimedia.

I was online looking for information to see images of installed DVD-R drives. (do we get Blu-Ray Recordable support?).
    Then i discovered two different images, same hardware, but with diferent connected DVD-R slim drive.
    Both images have internal sata harddisk, but on one image the internal DVD-R is connected with 2nd internal sata connection, on other image it's connected with usb sata module connected to internal usb bus.
    Here the DM8000 images: HDD + DVD-R with free usb bus & HDD + DVD-R with used usb bus .
    I've read from some Dutch enigma2 image experts, that it is a driver issue, and so only one internal sata bus is supported by DM 8000 driver.

So my questions:
    -when do we get all hardware of DM8000 maximum supported by drivers (4 example both internal sata connections, so that internal usb can be used for something else)
    -when do we get Blu-Ray slim recorder support, so that we can record on BluRay capacity (so then we got DVD(normal) miniDVD(CD) and maxiDVD(BluRay) :winking_face: )
    Oneday Blu Ray will be supported by Linux (I hope, without bd-rom mark, hdcp, drm) :thumbs_up:

Oh and thanks for creating the DM8000 !

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jeroensky ()

• your asking for fortune telling.

how could anyone even dmm predict when a product would be released that hasnt been wrote ? anyone that has ever done software devel knows these arbitrary timelines are retarded.

be happy with what you got and thankfull when something new comes along. Try to help out where you can with helpfull debug reports, this will go along way into getting things done.

• -when do we get Blu-Ray slim recorder support, so that we can record on BluRay capacity (so then we got DVD(normal) miniDVD(CD) and maxiDVD(BluRay) :winking_face: )

I can´t see the advantage of integrating a bluray recorder into the dm8000. (Support of blurayPLAYER and Playback of AVCHD, Minibluray, Bluray, Data-.mkv-Disc, of course, would be handsome)

The recordings (.ts-files) can much easier, better and quicker be handled on a pc, if you want to burn them to disc.
    Some TV channels broadcast with constant bitrate and therfor fill up the original movie stream with NALU filler data. Using a dreamboxes blurayplayer, you would burn this useless information to disc. So you always have to buy the more expensive media (Bluray instead of DVD-DL, DVD-DL instead of DVD) to burn your recordings onto disc.

You can spare a lot of space, if you transfer your files (ftp) to pc, (perhaps cut, correct them etc. with shareware "TS-Doctor" to repair faulty dvb-streams and to remove NALU filler data - recommendable tool - i think the best all in one solution) and convert them to a file format your standalone Blurayplayer at home can play back. Best results, smallest filesize without quality loss, you get with .mkv-files (can e.g. be created with freeware TSMuxeR or Shareware TS-Doctor).
    You can burn these .mkv-files/ or, if you prefer, AVCHD structure/ Bluray and Minibluray structure to UDF 2.5 Discs (on DVD, DVD-DL, Bluray) with freeware "ImageBurn" (or Nero, etc.).

In 85% of all cases the HDTV 1080i recordings fit onto DVD-DL, 10% fit on DVD single-layer. I very rarely (5%) really need the built in blurayburner of my pc.

Gruß, ararat :smiling_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ararat ()