dm800hd +dvd rw or bleu ray

• Hi folks

i will purchase a dvd writer for my dm800 what is the best for it i buy a buffalo dvsm-pn58u2v the dm regconise it but do not mount must i install linux driver for the dvd writer or is there something wrong with my settings please help

Greetings

:face_with_tongue:

• Maybe you have not installed the correct DVD kernel modules (USB DVD, SCSI etc...).
    But don't expect too much:
    I will not discourage you when using a dvd writer with your Dreambox 800 but one of the developer working for Dream Multimedia answered a few days ago questions about problems with LPCM audio tracks on mpg files. In summary he says that LPCM and also the DVD player have never been advertised for the Dreambox 800 (see parts of his answer below):

Hi,
    nein bei der 800 kommt da zumindest vorerst nichts mehr. Nach 2 Tagen Fehlersuche.. bzw. versuchen der Implementierung von LPCM in den 7401 Treibern habe ich es aufgegeben. Der 7401 ist da leider total anders wie der 7400.
    Das ganze sehe ich da allerdings auch nicht als sonderlich kritisch an.. weil LPCM (und auch der DVD Player) für den 7401 niemals beworben wurde.
    cu

So when playing DVD's with DTS and/or LPCM audio tracks on your DM 800 you will have no audio.